Help!

<p>I got accepted to Purdue in November. I have yet to visit, am visiting next month, but recently I saw a postcard from them in the mail that said, "We have received your 100 dollar deposit." Then there was some other things about orientations and stuff. </p>

<p>I asked my mom about this, and she said that she did send a deposit, and she said that in the acceptance packet it said to send this deposit in to reserve your spot. I told her that this deposit is to tell them you are going there. Is it? Could there have been any other deposit to send?</p>

<p>I looked through the packet, there really isn't anything there about that, I think it was sent in. Should I worry about this? Did my parents basically unknowingly pick Purdue for me? Can I ever choose to go to another school? </p>

<p>Thanx</p>

<p>If you did pay your 100 dollar deposit - You can always decide not to go to the school. In fact, the 100$ does reserve your place but does not mean necessarily that you have to attend the college. You can, if you want, send your deposit to several different schools.</p>

<p>If you didn't pay your 100 dollar deposit - Purdue must've made a mistake so I would notify them. Either that, or you sent a deposit for housing (maybe).</p>

<p>The deposit to to reserve your spot in case you are going, you have until a certain time to make up your mind and decide whether or not you will attend before you have to forfeit the deposit.</p>