Hey Miami

<p>Disregarding money, I got a nice little booklet in the mail and thought I would look up some information about the U. I might as well add it to my list of interest since it looks like a good school.</p>

<p>So first off: if anyone goes there - what are your impressions? </p>

<p>I haven't heard much about Miami; I even thought it was a state university until recently. My next question is about colleges in general, but if Miami has a specific system then I would like to know how my grades stack up. How do they do the GPA calculation? For instance I have religion as a class in High School, but I assume that has to be taken out to determine my UM GPA. </p>

<p>Thanks, and go Canes.</p>

<p>I got in and I have lived in Miami my whole life, it’s a great school and not so hard to get into if you ask me. You just need good stats and ecs, if you’re in top ten percent and have an above 2000 sat u r perfect</p>

<p>Lol ok the EC’s are lacking :P</p>

<p>I’m trying to decide among Miami, UC Santa Barbara, William and Mary, and Trinity University (San Antonio)… it’s a really difficult decision. if anybody has any advice please feel free to share!</p>