Honors housing/dining and food allergies

<p>Is there a dining hall closest to honors housing that is most commonly used by the students living there? And does anyone/anyone’s child have experience dealing with a food allergy on campus?</p>

<p>Lakeside Dining!</p>

<p>Lakeside and Fresh Food company inside the Ferguson Center are both close to the honors dorms.</p>

<p>I forget who it is but I know someone’s son on here has a gluten allergy and was able to find food in the dining halls. Hopefully whoever it was will see this and respond.</p>

<p>Our son has a food allergy to peanuts and tree nuts. He just asks the person serving specific the food item to verify there are no nuts. Because he is also no a committed vegan, he also asks about any animal products in the food items. Pretty limiting on what he can eat in the dining halls, and I think by now he knows most of the items that are safe for him. FWIW, he has a roommate who has more food allergies and was able to just opt-out of paying for the required freshman food plan.</p>

<p>*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p>

<p>Is there a dining hall closest to honors housing that is most commonly used by the students living there? And does anyone/anyone’s child have experience dealing with a food allergy on campus? *</p>

<p>As mentioned above, Lakeside Dining is close to Honors. However, keep in mind that while your child is attending classes on campus, s/he is likely going to be eating at the other dining venues that are close to classes.</p>