Hospitality and Tourism Management At Purdue!

<p>lol! Jimgotkp, that's pretty true. I remember my first day during a summer program where I came around 6pm, while everyone else arrived in the morning. When it was dinner time, everyone already made friends and ate in their groups and laughed, while I sat by myself in the corner round table, looking out into the void starry night sky.</p>

<p>Yes. The memory has stuck for quite a while ='(</p>

<p>Ah that sucks man. I don't blame you. I'm not that social either, but yeah =D. I do have a couple of friends from my school applying to cornell also and I know one of them will be accepted w/o a doubt. and my friend got accepted last year and is going there right now =/ </p>

<p>but hotelies for life =D</p>

<p>aw yousonofatree. I'LL BE YOUR FRIEND =]]] Hahhaha. I'm kinda social? I think when everybody goes to college, they're all going to be REALLy social and open their doors in the dorm rooms and everythign cuase everybody wants to make friends. I think the hard part will be making GOOD friends, not just superficial party friends. hahaha. </p>

<p>Thank yousonofatree. haha. i'll definitely look into it IFFFFF i get in. </p>

<p>good luck to us all =]] 30 more days!</p>

<p>I like how we talk about cornell on a purdue thread. -__- we're oh so cool.</p>

<p>I know this is a Purdue thread, but what about Michigan State. Great hospitality program!!</p>

<p>lol. i swear. CC should just make a hotel management forum lol.. just for us :D</p>

<p>1 month and 1 day!! DEC 15!</p>

<p>I too would be interested in hearing more about MSU's hospitality program. My son has been accepted to Purdue's program, and should hear from MSU soon. In early January he will hear from University of Denver's hospitality program. I also think it's important to look at the major hotel chains - Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Starwoods, Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton etc - that recruit at the various programs. If you look at their websites schools like NYU and BU are rarely listed. I suspect their graduates probably do well locally in NYC and Boston, but if you're interested in other parts of the country this information could be valuable.</p>

<p>We visited MSU's Hospitality Business School and couldn't have felt more welcomed by everyone there. They did a superb job of explaining the academic program and the career services available. They have an alumni mentoring program which seemed very strong. D was able to talk to students in the program as well. We think their program is every bit as good as Purdue's which gets more attention here.</p>

<p>My uncle graduated from Purdue's hospitality mgt program about 13 or 14 years ago. Since then, he has worked in DC, Chicago, Cancun, and (currently) NYC. He started out in a smaller chain and has worked for Hilton about the last 7 years. He absolutely loves his job and the city. It sounds like there are some incredible opportunities out there.</p>

<p>Got accepted yesterday!!! I applied for housing @ Earhart btw. =D</p>

<p>woah. QUESTIONNNN!! wait jimgotkp, when you say you applied for housing @ earhart, did you like choose earhart on some form or something? Cuase when i applied for housing, it just took my deposit and gave me a receipt. I assumed that it just "saved my place in line" so that if I did enroll at purdue, i would have priority. wtheck!! i'm confused. THANKS!</p>

<p>btw. i wanted to earhart first choice too. then maybe shreve. but I just got the honors program thingey and they have a learning community in shreve, so maybe shreve now. haha.</p>

<p>andd...CONGRATS JIMGOTKP =]</p>

<p>congratulations Jimgoktp! I knew you were getting in!</p>

<p>Thanks juniorparent and password. =D</p>

<p>password, when i did my housing app it asked what residence i prefer or w/e. after doing some research i went with earhart since its close to the college of family and consumer also and close to the the athletic fields and recreation fields. it also has a nice, big sized room. i wnated hillenbrand but not a sophomore =[.</p>

<p>wtheck?!? gahhh. then what type of housing thing did I do? darn it. I went wth earhart and shreve because it has the biggest rooms...HAHAH.</p>

<p>hey jimgotkp. i emailed the housing people and they said you weren't supposed to choose which dorms until spring. so did you do a housing contract, housing app, or what? hahaha. i'm sure it's fine, but you might want to check? coool. YAYYY PURDUE! hahahah. at least one acceptance, right? =]</p>

<p>hmmmm.... it said something about residence hall preference though.. i remember scrolling down the list of halls.. or i might be under the influence of "______" right now. =/ hahaha i dunno i guess it was an acceptance! yeah i dont care if i get rejection letters from other schools now. since purdue was my top choice after cornell. im sure that im gonna get rejected on Dec. 15 =[</p>

<p>hahaha. idk. did you visit purdue yet? idk. i just think the whole "indiana-midwest" thing is turning me away from it a little. and...it's conservative. hahaha. from california, definitely liberal. Not that it would bother me thaaat much, but, yeah. I just don't know how I'd feel there. And I heard there was a smell around there from some coal mine or something? I have no idea if any of these things have any merit, but I'd love to hear what you thought of purude, if you visited and all. thanks!! =]] aren't you exciteddd? wheeee!! oh yeah, I heard cornell got changed to the 19th.</p>

<p>Haha, yeah I visited Purdue. It's very boring when you drive up Indianapolis, but I went through all the trouble and drove from the Northeastern section of New Jersey to PURDUE. It was horrific and suicidal. lol. Well when you approach West Lafayette it becomes more modern, then when you hit the downtown area, it is really modern and is a very beautiful collegetown. Honestly the town is dominated by Purdue students. Its a very nice environment compared to New Jersey and the air seemed more fresh then what I smell and inhale in Northern New Jersey near NYC lol. Its very nice honestly thats one reason I love Purdue, their campus is BEAUTIFUL, and its more modern then Cornell lol. I'm not sure about the mine thing because I didn't smell anything odd when I went there during the spring. I'm planning on going there again during the admitted student orientation in the spring. Its going to be a huge change for me because I've been raised in a more suburban/rural area compared to Indiana. I'm very excited haha. Also yeah I saw the posts in the Cornell forum. I'm very depressed haha freaken they changed it to the date of my Winter Concert =[. 2 and a half hours before the concert it is shown. If I get a rejection inwhich I'm expecting then it's prob. still going to **** me off and I have three performances that night also. Jazz Band, Saxophone Quartet performance, and Concert Band inwhich I'm 1st Saxophone and 2nd Chair and the audience can see me. haha honestly, i doubt I'm going to check my status that night. Then the following days after the 19th its going to ruin my winter break and christmas haha.</p>