Housing Contract?

<p>So I was recently accepted in UW and have been getting a lot of emails from them. One of the emails said: "Please note that in order to best prepare for your arrival, your housing contract is due no later than March 1, 2013." </p>

<p>However, I believe the deadline to accept/reject admission is May 1st. So I'm sort of wondering if I turn in a housing contract before I accept/reject admission. Wisconsin is definitely one of my top choices, I am still not sure if I will be going there. Thanks.</p>

<p>Check the Housing webpage; if you submit your housing contract for '13-14 but do not enroll at UW, you get most of the deposit refunded. The details are on the web. </p>

<p>As a parent, I appreciate that UW campus housing assignments are not first-come, first-served as that first-come, first served system benefits the students admitted early but hurts the students admitted later in the admission cycle. Everyone who submits the housing contract by the deadline is placed in a lottery, taking into account preferences identified – so there is no advantage or disadvantage in submitting your housing contract early. </p>

<p>Congrats on your acceptance.</p>