Is housing contract due on April 1st?

Got a postcard about it. It seems early given admitted date is May 1.

Yes. You can accept the housing contract before accepting the offer of admission. The down payment is not much for the housing contract. I plan on signing the housing contract, then waiting for my financial aid offer before accepting my admissions offer.

Not everyone who wants housing gets it. I agree with @collegeman91 's advice.

I called and was told that $50 (of the $300 housing deposit) is due April 1st. The remaining $250 is due on May 1st. I’m pretty sure it’s refundable if you decide not to attend.

@SCMom33 where can we found this info on the site? I’ve looked but there’s no mention of April 1st (or perhaps I’m not looking hard enough…)

@RedHerring97 I would log into MyUW housing and check it out http://www.housing.wisc.edu/ It’ll show you what you need to do. (The MyUW housing button is on the top right)

I’ve logged into MyUW and they said that I don’t have access to MyUW housing because I haven’t receive an e-mail from Uni Housing to log in. So should I expect an e-mail anytime soon?

@RedHerring97 yep that’s how I got access to MyUW housing.
Are you sure it’s due by April 1st? My UW Housing account and the email I received it from states my contract is due on 15th of April. Maybe it’s different for international students?

It may depend on the date your acceptance was given.

@az1098 got my e-mail yesterday, and it said 15th April too, and I’m also an international student, so