Housing deadline / choices

<p>I'm pretty sure that the houseing contract is due marsh 1st? but i was wondering when the final decisions for choosing your dorm was? i thought i remembered hearing it was around may some time. if someone could clear this up that would be helpfull. thank you</p>

<p>They send out the results much later. You just list them in order you want. Final deposit is due May 1.</p>

<p>You can change your rankings until May 1st. Sometime in May they will let the computer decide who gets what so people know by the SOAR dates.</p>

<p>Also, the deadline for the housing contract varies according to when they send it to you (they send everyone’s out individually depending on when they are accepted). I believe I found out my assignment in early June.</p>

<p>So even if I am not sure if I’m attending wisconsin I still have to send the housing contract by march 1?</p>

<p>Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using CC</p>

<p>what if you were postponed? do you still need to do the housing contract?</p>

<p>I don’t think you can do the housing contract if you’re not accepted yet; you’ll have a later contract due date. If you’re not sure you’re going, but you’re sure that if you do attend you’ll choose University Housing, then you can submit your contract and if you end up not attending Wisconsin you can get your $50 back as long as you let them know by May 1. If you do attend Wisconsin you’re committed to living in University Housing, though. I think they’ll give you an extension of the March 1 date if you ask for it.</p>

<p>You can get the housing deposit back if you let Res Halls know in writing by May 1st that you won’t be attending UW. You also need to let UW know separately. Telling only one will not tell the other.</p>