International Freshman Housing Contract !!!

<p>help!! the thing is i got accepted on jan 30 and soon after that i received my housing contract, which says that it should be mailed back b4 feb 27 with $300 prepayment. but how am i going to know if im actually going to attend because most college decision dont come out until apr. if i paid, do i get it bk if i decided not to go? if i dont pay, will i have a place in dorm when i'll actually be attending???</p>

<p>NEED HELP!! THANKS</p>

<p>Well, I'm not an international student, but for us, the housing deposit IS refundable in the case that we decide to no longer attend UW-Madison.</p>

<p>To be sure, I would check the website or call.</p>

<p>You need to send in a housing contract/deposit by your deadline to insure a place in Res Halls. Once you send it in you are obligated to use the dorms if you attend UW, meaning you can't change your mind and live off campus and get out of your contract. If you decide to not attend/go elsewhere you need to inform both the university and Res Halls separately in writing (assuming you sent in deposits) to get the deposits back. This must be done by May 1st. Whether that is a postmark or received by date is something to ask UW. In general consider yourself subject to the same things as the US students once you're admitted- later SOAR to accomodate arrival in US and need to learn some extras about college, et al here plus any governmental rules (eg visas) being the exceptions.</p>

<p>You can ask UW-Housing for an extension too.</p>

<p>thanks guys!!!
one last question, do we send it $300 (on the contract) or $ 50 as it says on the residential hall booklet?
im kinda confused. im going with public dorms if that helps. and i will make my decision on whether to come to UWM b4 5/1.</p>

<p>Double check- the $50 when returning your signed contract, perhaps the rest by May 1st?</p>

<p>does everyone else's contract say "this contract acceptance must be signed and returned by feb XX, 2009 with a $300.00 prepayment? or is it just mine? i think im calling to make sure.</p>