Housing for Engineering Student

Hi everybody,
I am wondering if people have any recommendations for housing for an engineering student (I will also be in the Honors College) with regards to proximity to the Engineering facilities and also being nice residence halls. I very much prefer suite-style, but would be interested in all options if someone has good reasons for a traditional hall. Thanks.

Riverside is pretty convenient to the engineering buildings. I believe it is the oldest of the suite-style dorms, but still nice (and not that old). IMO, the floor plan of the older suites (Riverside, Lakeside, Ridgecrest E/W) is better than the floor plan of the newer ones (Ridgecrest N/S and Presidential).

No first hand experience but my son is considering Bryant Hall on the engineering floor-- 4 person suite. Have heard it has a good location, dining hall for brunch and nice rooms. Plus all engineering students on the floor. Downside is it’s all male.

^ Bryant houses both male athletes and male engineering students. Double-check that engineering is indeed all on a floor together - they may be scattered amongst athletes? (…if that matters to you.)

son ended up in RCW…just a short walk to engineering. he has enjoyed it and rooms with 3 other engineers.

My engineering son was in RCW. Worked out perfectly!

My engineering son was also in RCW and several of his friends were also in one of the engineering majors. :slight_smile:

RCW= Ridgecrest West??

@jmac1516 - yes