Housing move-in tips 2019

However they do open up roommate selection in February

We shall see lol. They didn’t last year

@AggieMomhelp I was not referring to selecting a room, just the part of the housing application that lets you search for a roommate. They absolutely have never had freshman select rooms before April.

Time Slot Schedule for all incoming students: This is when the room selection will open for incoming Freshmen. .

Confirmed LLP Mid-to-Late April
Priority Housing Early-to-Mid May
Guaranteed Housing Mid-to-Late May

*You can pull up your roommates to your earlier time slot
Make sure you use Roommate Finder to officially request and accept up to 3 other people. This gives any of you the ability to assign the others to the same room or suite.

@Thelma2 my daughter paid her her housing deposit Sept 20, so we’re good there. We are slightly confused about the Roommate Finder tho. So she needs to fill out Roomie Finder, in order to get a room? I hear conflicting things-ideally she’d love Hullabaloo. But I hear horror stories about people trying to find two beds available in any dorms, during their selection time. And she heard someone say Roommate Finder opens up today-what exactly does that mean?

@52ag82 If your daughter is going pot luck, then she’ll fill out the roommate finder survey. It asks about habits(study, tidy, earl riser, early to be, etc.). Then the system shows you who you match up with by percentage. It’ll give you their name and contact info. You can reach out to them and get to know them before room selection. HOWEVER, it is hard to find more than one bed open in hullabaloo or many dorms for that matter. Going in single is easier because you’re just looking for a bed. If someone is already slotted for that room it’ll give you her information that she filled out and you can see if good fit before also selecting that room. So yes you need to complete, but you do not have to have already selected a roommate to get a room in May.

The roommate selection option is now open!!

Please FORGIVE me if this has been asked already…
NSC- only for freshman or transfers, right? (As in, it’s a one and done for first time Aggies)
Also: fish camp- not required but recommended, correct?
We are an OOS family of 6 and trying to figure out this first summer, and summers hereafter… thank you!
She will be our first OOS college attendee, and unlike other drivable OOS schools (as in AZ for example), this one takes a little more work! But it’s worth it!
We live in CA.

Ugh wrong thread Sorry !!!

Lol it’s all good @rockmom21? I can answer there if you did.

@rockmom21 did you get the answer to your questions above?

@AggieMomhelp … no I didn’t repost; I think it’s such a simple question that I can easily find the answer myself! I’m assuming that this summer will be the most complicated summer for our family as many schools she is applying to are OOS; throw in band tryouts and/or camps and registrations… you get the idea.
I just want her to make a decision!!!
She’s still waiting on SLO but I’m taking her to CP Pomona Engineering for campus visit next Monday. (It is only 45 minutes away from our house)
My gut is that she will choose TAMU.
I’ll keep you posted thanks!!!

@rockmom21 my daughter has been holding out for USC (So Cal). They won’t let her know until April…which is way too late (I think).
My daughter got TAMU acceptance in September, but didn’t finally accept NSC until last week. She’s Mays, and out of the 9 Business NSC dates, only 3 were still open…one being Aug 20 ?
I tell you this to say, NSC is filling up quickly, not to mention it requires 1 parent and 2 night hotel stay.

Thank you… yes I have to get on this… I didn’t want to sign up for NSC until she knew for sure that she is going… are there any June dates left for TEAB, I wonder?
I guess we will have to get what is left.
Good luck on USC- many kids from my daughter’s HS apply there!
She didn’t because it is so costly and she would likely not get merit even with her excellent stats… and we couldn’t pay full price!
My husband is a Trojan alum. Great school!

@rockmom21 The only other dates you’ll want to consider coming are Parents weekend or any sorority weekend that they have something special. HOWEVER, I would say not to come parents weekend simply because it’s so dang packed. Better to have quality weekend with her vs. fighting for hotels and restaurants and simply to walk across campus! Makes you do attend one football game a year if possible. Lots of tailgates and just an overall great atmosphere. But short answer to your previous question… NSC is only for prior to staring your first semester. AND Fish camp should be required. It’s just that amazing. They come back excited and exhausted!

@rockmom21 we toured USC over spring break, and she fell in love with it!! They were kind enough to let her know in January, that she doesn’t qualify for any $$, but won’t tell her admission until April. We’re in Texas, so it is her ‘reach’ school.
She accepted TAMU NSC, in Business Honors, so full steam ahead with Aggieland! ??
When she did NSC, it asks for Major (or goes by UIN), so it only showed what was available for her.

@52AG82 Not sure if it makes a difference for you or not, but I do not believe a parent is required at the NSC and you can stay in the dorms or white creek apartments on campus if you wish to.

@pbleigh thanks! I’m definitely attending, and possibly her dad (guess it’s best to go ahead and sign him up now, even if he can attend just for a day). I read on here that the dorm isn’t the best option for housing, so I got 2 night hotel stay.
I live in west Houston, but for someone OOS, they would need to make arrangements ahead of time.

@52AG82 I went with my son and we stayed at White Creek apartments, which wasn’t bad at all and convenient to be on campus. Small world, we are from Northwest Houston.

@pbleigh we’re in Katy (Ft Bend Co), so super close to CStat (my daughter wishes TAMU were farther away?).
Drove by White Creek apts this past weekend. They are nice!