How accurate are the financial aid estimates?

<p>I did the “Net Price Calculator” on the UA website and it seemed to be pretty specific in the amount of financial aid that I would get. Are these estimates usually exactly accurate as to what I will be officially offered?</p>

<p>This is the first year NPCs have been used, so no one could know how accurate they are.</p>

<p>Oh, ok. When should I get an official offer?</p>

<p>I don’t know when they’re sent out, but I imagine within a month. What is your EFC and what did the NPC indicate?</p>

<p>Are you instate or OOS?</p>

<p>OOS</p>

<p>EFC is 604,
NPC said: 4900 grant, 8500 in loans, and eligible for about 3000 in work study.</p>

<p>Sounds right.</p>

<p>You’re getting Perkins and Stafford loans, a Pell Grant, and work study.</p>

<p>Are you getting any scholarships as well? If so, which one(s)?</p>

<p>No scholarships.</p>

<p>oh…then Bama probably won’t be affordable. Or do you have someone who will help pay for college?</p>

<p>Did you apply to anywhere else?</p>

<p>What state are you in?</p>

<p>Well I did the calculation and with a total of $16,400 in aid, that would bring the total cost down to $14,530 for the year. That comes from a total of $30,930 for tuition, fees, the required meal plan, and double occupancy housing. Dinning dollars not included because that money can be returned at the end of the year. </p>

<p>I live in Pennsylvania. My other options are Pitt - Bradford, or a PSU satellite. Bama is my top choice though.</p>

<p>Bama would probably be affordable at $14,530.</p>

<p>Ok…as long as you have family that will pay that $14-15k per year. :)</p>

<p>Usually, when a student has that low of an EFC, his family can’t pay that much. Thankfully, it sounds like you do.</p>

<p>Roll tide!</p>

<p>Yeah, the EFC does not take into account the people who are going to mostly be paying for it in my case.</p>

<p>Roll Tide (:</p>