How did you find...

<p>How did you find a new barber/harstylist or how will you find a new one when you leave for college?</p>

<p>I don't know if this is the right place but I felt that people of the black community would be able to answers this question more accurately.</p>

<p>Well you can either choose to go to JCPennies or maybe talk to some of your fellow black students at college and see who does there hair.</p>

<p>I still haven’t found a good barber and I’m heading into my third year in college. I have students cut my hair. I know some people travel back to their home city of detroit just to get there hair cut.</p>

<p>I was actually wondering about this too. I guess I just have to cross my fingers that I go to a college with a good barber in the area. Because quite frankly, I can only rock a fro for so long.</p>

<p>No joke I was thinking the exact same thing today</p>

<p>LMAO!!! I was thinking the same thing earlier this week lol</p>

<p>Ladies and gentlemen, this is where the black workers at the school can help you out. The black cafeteria workers, maintenance people, secretaries, truck drivers, security gurads and the like almost always live near the school and can tell you where to get your hair done or find a barber. Often they will know this better than the black faculty, who may be relatively new to the school. </p>

<p>Now if there are no black support workers at your school? Well, that’s another discussion altogether!</p>

<p>Ummm… ^^^</p>

<p>Anyway, I was thinking this too. I can wait until I get home. But, if I go to school more than a 3hr drive/train ride, I’ll do it myself. </p>

<p>I’m actually asking for a kit for graduation/christmas (well, more than one kit) that’s for college stuff. I want a basket with shampoo, conditioner, blow dryer, hair dye (i dyed my hair jet black, I’d never bleach it myself :open_mouth: and I only got streaks ONCE), etc. I can wash/blow dry/straighten my hair myself.</p>

<p>Lol…black guys worry about barbers? You guys needs to stop it! Just have someone shave it off</p>

<p>I’m not a guy but my bro gets his done by a non black guy and he still has a gf…but I see more guys at my school(I’m still in hs)growing their hair out and I kinda like it </p>

<p>Sent from my SPH-M910 using CC</p>

<p>If your school has a BSU, ask the students where they go to get their hair done. Don’t stress about it.</p>