How do you get to Purdue from the airport?

<p>How do you get to Purdue from the airport?
What is the cheapest way?
Thanks!</p>

<p>Airport Shuttles from Purdue/Indy Airport:

1. Lafayette Limo
  2. Stars of America (Cheaper than Lafayette Limo)</p>

<p>Airport Shuttles from Purdue/Chicago O’Hare Airport:

1. Express Air Coach</p>

<p>agree with the above. ive used lafayette limo a couple times</p>

<p>thank you!</p>

<p>Express Air is really expensive, it makes flying out of Indy more worthwhile, while tickets can be cheaper out of O’hare, the longer commute, longer delays and equal price I would fly Indy unless its someplace obscurely small, than O’Hare is the way to go.</p>

<p>It really depends on where you live. Because if i flew out of Indy to Houston it would probably take twice as long than flying out of O’Hare… because Indy rarely has non-stop flights to Houston since Indy’s not a hub city and has a lot less airlines. Otherwise i would totally fly out of Indy because it is a lot closer, just don’t want to be traveling for hours and switching planes, but never had delays at O’Hare either, and Express Air Coach is fairly priced considering O’Hare is farther away and = more gas $. It’s just definitely not worth flying out of Indy for some.</p>

<p>which airport should i use if i’m coming from and going to california?
LAX?</p>

<p>There are several non-stop flights from LAX to Chicago and visa versa. Southwest usually has the best fares. It is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Chicago to Purdue. The only non-stop from LAX to Indianapolis, is an overnight flight on Delta. All others have one stop. There is a Delta non-stop from Indianapolis to LAX that leaves is at 7:45pm and gets in about 9:20pm. Indianapolis Airport is about 1 hour from Purdue.</p>

<p>To be honest, flying out of IND is better than ORD. IND has less ATC delays compared to ORD. It is also closer by car/shuttle which is always beneficial. If you have to fly international then your only option is obviously ORD unless you fly from Canada. The fares are usually higher for flights to IND because less flights in/out of the airport. As another mentioned, it is not a hub like ORD is for United. </p>

<p>jakewhaat, I recommend you flying to IND via one-stop at Denver. I believe United and Frontier are the airlines that fly this route multiple times a day. </p>

<p>For people who live pretty close to IND, I recommend you taking Amtrak if you have the time. A train experience is very awesome.</p>

<p>jakewhaat- Delta also flies to IND from southern Ca via Salt Lake City and US Air via Phoenix.</p>

<p>Purdue is a big lie</p>

<p>^Who are you?!? Get out of here.</p>

<p>IU fan perhaps?</p>

<p>Sorry kids - it is true - your not paying for it</p>

<p>Tim Sands - a thief! Christine Ladisch - A thief! Beverly Davenport Sypher - a thief!</p>

<p>Older kid went to Purdue from N. Calif (go boilermakers) a few years ago. Easiest was Amer Air via DFW to Indy…this works best esp in the winter months when Chicago is chancy for connecting delays. One time kid came home from Indy on Frontier Air via Denver–disaster. One time went on Southwest air to Chicago Midway, took city transit from Midway to Chicago downtown Union station and then caught Amtrak right to Lafayette. Long day, got in at 11 PM and walked to campus. Lafayette Limo works pretty good…just check out the airport pickup times at Indy. The Laf limo makes a couple stops on campus so it’s pretty convenient. Enjoy…Purdue is a great experience.</p>

<p>Good recommendation by JRNMom. If you could get a connection somewhere with no/little snow during the winter months then do it. Connecting at a larger airport helps too since you can be put on another flight if yours gets cancelled/delayed. </p>

<p>Airports to connect during the winter:
Phoenix (US Airways hub)
Houston (Continental hub, not sure when the merger will actually go into effect)
Dallas/Fort Worth (American hub)</p>

<p>nnizy- annoying!</p>

<p>Purdue is great if you want to buy a reputation, not if you want to learn. 400 flyers about to be mailed to 400 high schools in midwest to warn them.</p>

<p>Hampster, if you’re still reading I forgot to mention when flying east and doing the connecting flight thing, watch the local time. Indy is eastern time, Chicago and DFW are central, Denver and Phoenix are mountain time but Arizona does not observe daylight savings time. My kid managed to miss his connecting DFW-Indy flight once because of a time mix up and as Jim above advised, this is where the big hubs come in handy… The Amer Air reps at DFW took pity on him and got him on a later flight at no charge–lucky there was a seat. It helps to fly out early in the day from the west in case there are delays along the way.</p>