How do you guys think I'm looking?

<p>Alright, I'm a first generation college student, black, come from a single parent low income family.</p>

<p>GPA:3.46(will probably increase this senior year)
TOP 10% of my class
SAT:1430(I BOMBED the test i know, and i was slightly sick that day. I'm studying intensely this summer, and will retake, I'm confident i could get a 1700+)</p>

<p>EC:
School newspaper
Student council
Senior executive commitee
African American club
Young Democrats
Mayor's Youth Summit(we arrange a annual youth summit with the mayor so kids can discuss issues affecting them)
And probably a few other EC's i forgot to mention.</p>

<p>I'm looking at:
Fairfield University (Percent applicants admitted: 59%)
Scared Heart university (Percent applicants admitted: 65%)
Fordham University (Percent applicants admitted: 47%)
Howard University (Percent applicants admitted: 49%)
Loyola Marymount University (Percent applicants admitted: 50%)
Lakeforest College (Percent applicants admitted: 59%)
Depaul university (Percent applicants admitted: 64%)</p>

<p>Any insight or guidance would be highly appreciated!</p>

<p>You seem to be doing well in school… you may want to take the ACT instead of SAT.
my daughter bombed the PSAT’s and did much better on the ACT. But you have to take the practice tests or get some help. It will make an immense difference.
Fairfield just went SAT /ACT optional. but typically Fairfield was pretty selective.
I think Lake Forest would be a safety school for you, along with Sacred Heart.</p>

<p>Alright, thanks!
I’m def. going to order some ACT study guides, and study for the ACT this summer. I’m also doing for the SAT’s too. </p>

<p>Janp, how selective do you think Fairfield is right now? It’s acceptance rate is 59%, so i figured i’d have a really good chance of getting in. But i’m just nervous…</p>