How flexible is Purdue on Trustee/Presidential and all other scholarships?

<p>Hey guys</p>

<p>I got into Purdue last week having applied by Nov. 15</p>

<p>I was wondering if the criteria for scholarships (3.8+ GPA and 2000+ SAT are definite)</p>

<p>What if I got much higher on SAT (around 2300) than GPA (around 3.5).</p>

<p>My GPA is low due to the effects of turmoil from moving twice in the same semester Sophomore Year, (From CA to Kansas and back to CA)</p>

<p>Our income is below <50k</p>

<p>I got into Engineering</p>

<p>Any chances to appeal for the big scholarships?</p>

<p>I come from a very rigourous high school (more than 25% to top schools) 6 kids to Caltech
So comparing my GPA really is not fair, in Kansas I had a 4.3 Weighted, when I got back I had a 3.0 Weighted <-yikes!</p>

<p>Will it irritate them if I call and ask for scholarship consideration?</p>

<p>GPA 3.55 < with PE etc.
SAT 1560/2290</p>

<p>Thank you</p>

<p>Same here. I had about a 3.5 UW and a 32 ACT. People have already gotten their scholarship letters and I haven’t gotten anything. Looks like I’m getting nothing. Using GPA s a hard cutoff line makes no sense.</p>

<p>yeah, I know, I think ill call them, because I have UC’s as my main foothold</p>

<p>I’m a freshman at purdue this year… I too had a good enough SAT score to get those scholarships but my gpa, though a 4.3 weighted, was below the 3.8 unweighted so i received absolutely no merit scholarship… definitely b.s. especially after getting a 4.0 my first semester here at purdue</p>

<p>If you want to get me mad then start talking to me about this subject… don’t think i didn’t tell them this was b.s. either, i e-mailed them plenty of times to no avail</p>

<p>I wish you luck in getting some money but i wouldn’t bank on it</p>

<p>i am pretty sure they hardly budge when it comes to the GPA. I have a 3.79 according to Purdue and they did round up for that, but otherwise I have heard they really stick with it</p>

<p>Well, no scholarship means I’m going to Minnesota.</p>

<p>wow lol I agree with Tmac no scholarship means Ill look elsewhere</p>