How long did it take for A&M to give you their admissions decision?

<p>They are looking at doubling the size of their engineering school. They realize they don’t have enough slots to meet demands and are having to turn away students who are qualified. I heard about it on the radio just this morning. It will be a few years though.</p>

<p>Hello to all. I have been checking AIS and Howdy diligently and yesterday I got two new tabs. “My Finance” and “My Records” were added to howdy. I applied to TAMUG as well. Does this mean that one of the two could have accepted me? I am still at step 3 on AIS for both schools, unfortunately. I just want to know if this means I have gotten into TAMU at College Station because that is where I really want to go.</p>

<p>I got my acceptance 12/5 for Electrical Engineering. I had a 2070 SAT (1350/1600), ranked 11/603. Probably going to go to UT-Austin though.</p>

<p>@ls75075
I am currently a student at tamu and i’m looking into transferring into mays business school, and the chances are definitely higher than zero. Whoever told you that they were zero is not reporting accurate info…
Here is the link that explains what you have to do to get into mays while you are currently a student:
[Change</a> of Curriculum Information | Mays Business School | Texas A&M University](<a href=“http://mays.tamu.edu/upo/change-curriculum-information/]Change”>http://mays.tamu.edu/upo/change-curriculum-information/)</p>

<p>As you can see, all you would need is a 3.0 in at least 4 of the listed classes and 30 graded A&M hours (so you can transfer after freshman year) and that is it. VERY doable. </p>

<p>As for engineering, my roommate was accepted to tamu as general studies and got into chemical engineering by getting a 3.7 or higher during her first year. So again the changes aren’t zero, you just have to be willing to work hard to get into the program you want.</p>

<p>ls750ls, What we were told at Aggieland Saturday agrees with your statement </p>

<p>"He really wanted to go to A&M but it’s not worth giving up what you want to study just to go there. "</p>

<p>The admissions rep basically said “I know it stinks, but if you don’t get into your first choice of major and you feel strongly about your choice you should probably go somewhere else!”.</p>

<p>Starting with the HS class of 2013 they have changed the rules. With the elimination of “General Studies” the colleges have had to fill (and overfill) their allocations. Transferring is expected to be MUCH more difficult starting in 2014.</p>

<p>Yes I was told that even if he had a 4.0 the chances of transferring into the buinses school for existing students would be zero. The chances of transferring into the Engineering section would be possible but not easy.</p>

<p>However trf students from other universities will be able to get into Mays – which seems wrong to me but even than they will only take 75 transfer students</p>

<p>My issue is if someone in engineering decides that’s not for them They are limited (if they are an A&M student) into transferring into something else. Or what if a business major wants to go into engineering?</p>

<p>College should be a time of exploration and discovery and this is just too regimented</p>

<p>And he definitely wants to mjor in an area that is marketable (which is of course what everyone wants)</p>

<p>Has anyone else heard back that is a review admit? My daughter applied 11/8 and is in a California H.S that is extremely competitive. Most have over a 4.0 gpa, so her school doesn’t rank. (We are considered in-state residents because my husband is military and texas is his home of record…whew! that will save us some money on college!) A&M ranked her based off of school profile, and it isn’t good…she was ranked as 2nd quarter. Her stats aren’t that great I am afraid…
ACT 27
GPA 3.59 weighted
In drama club, with 25 hr per week requirement
volunteered at vet clinic over the summer for 25 hours
some community service…barely
in some other clubs, anti-bullying, think pink (for chemotherapy patients)</p>

<p>She is applying to Biomedical Science as 1st choice and Biology as 2nd. I am freaking out for her as she had only applied to ONE school! I forced her to apply to Texas Tech yesterday and I am going to have her apply to Galveston too. She is afraid if she applies to Galveston it will hurt her chances if they think she is willing to go there. Teenagers!! I feel as if she won’t get into A&M, but I don’t want to be negative.</p>

<p>oh, and I am hoping she looks like a very serious out-of-state student (but, considered in-state) since we flew down there over the summer and did the campus tour and admissions counseling session. Do you think that will help her chances? I think that most out-of-state students don’t actually do that very often. She fell in love with A&M when she went and didn’t want to go anywhere else. I really hope she gets in, but reading the statistics, it seems very unsure about review admits. I see those with better stats denied and those with worse admitted. I think they really do look at a lot of factors…I hope :)</p>

<p>^Hate to say it, but those aren’t very promising prospects…and on top of that, she applied a little late. It’s a good thing you made her apply to other schools. But, like you said, they’ve denied people with better stats and accepted people with worse. </p>

<p>Also, applying to other schools isn’t going to hurt her chances. I don’t know what gave her that idea, but it’s not true at all.</p>

<p>To the above post, most definitely have a back-up plan. Unfortunately TAMU places a HUGE emphasis on class rank. My son is in the second quarter as well and his test scores are not as high. As much as I hate to say this and be so blunt if my son gets into A&M it will be by the grace if God because somebody made a mistake. However he has already been accepted into A&M Kingsville, SFA, and Sam Houston. If he wants to transfer later he can. You should apply to A&M Galveston as well. It’s an extension of A&M and you can move to college station after 27 hours and a 2.5. It’s not easy to get in
either but it is easier to get in than<br>
college station. From e</p>

<p>aggiemomhopeful:I havent heard back and im a review admit. i applied august 12 and every things been processed since august 16. I have a GPA of about 4.5 weighted (with 5.0 being 100 in regular) and a ACT of 29. But my school is EXTREMELY competitive, im only in the 39% and literally a 4.0 dosent get you in the top 50%. Im also involved in various things, like boy scouts (eagle scout), lacroose, and church. So just be patient, dont think because its this late she’s not getting in. And apparently applying early dosent matter because it didn’t for me. A&M is also my first choice but i have applied to other schools and been accepted, while A&m is where my heart belongs Im smart enough to look at the big picture. Im in state by the way</p>

<p>Applying early does make a difference if you’re not an auto admit. How competitive your school is, however (unfortunately), does not.</p>

<p>Yeah wich is unfair how extremely competitive my school is.</p>

<p>The real disservice is that tamu effectively ignores the standardized testing which is the one factor that can be truly compared equally among students. They heavily base their decision on the ranking and gpas which are so inflated from some schools. From our school a student in top 10% wouldn’t even seriously consider tamu and would be considering Ivy League schools. There is no way to fairly compare gpas and rankings cause every school has unique programs and class structure. No way to say well my school is harder so my gpa is understated. So with that in mind I’m not sure why tamu continues this trend. It’s simply resulting in a much lower act or sat standard than most universities.</p>

<p>I don’t think it’s fair to say that A&M doesn’t take the standardized testing into consideration… After all, one way to be an auto admit is to have a 1300 sat Cr + M or a 30 on the ACT. A&M just does a good job at taking everything into consideration when evaluating applicants.</p>

<p>It is a state university so bound by state 10% laws. However, it did fine by my son. He was outside top 25% with 700+ in all SAT sections. He got his first choice (EE).</p>

<p>Hi! I am currently a freshman at Texas A&M majoring in Molecular & cell biology. I was a review admit. I applied in november 2011 and got accepted in january 2012. Here were my stats as a review admit:</p>

<p>Class rank: 78 out of 751- Top 11% at very competitive high school in Houston
GPA: 4.70 out of 6.0 - note that this is weighted gpa. 4.7 gpa is equivalent to 87 average in AP/honors classes. 4.7 is equal to 97 avg in regulars classes.</p>

<p>Test scores: ACT - 29 composite, 34 Math, 31 Science, 26 English, 26 Reading
SAT Subject Test - Math Level 2 - 770, Chemistry - 700
Didn’t take SAT</p>

<p>Courses: All AP, Pre-AP, GT classes in Math and Science, and Dual Credit. Summer course in Rice University summer school.</p>

<p>Extra-curriculars: Orchestra (all hs), Houston Youth Symphony, 2 Martial arts - brown belt in Karate and currently red belt in Kuk Sool Won, TMSCA/UIL Math-Science-Computer Science competitions, Latino club, Computer science club, chess competitions, Academic Decathlon, Academic Octhalon, Perform violin at my church mass on Sundays, pick-up truck enthusiast (very texan. Haha. Toyota Tundras!)</p>

<p>Schools accepted to: Texas A&M, UT Austin, Rice, Baylor, Trinity, U of H, St Mary’s San Antonio, Texas Tech
Rejected: Columbia (expected it anyways)
Waitlisted: Notre Dame </p>

<p>Good luck to everyone out there. The wait hurts. Texas A&M is an amazing school. I hope yall get accepted! Gig 'em! :)</p>

<p>I am an a review admit from out of state, and I was wondering what you guys thought my chances were for admission.</p>

<p>SAT Scores: 670 Math 610 Reading
Class Rank: 23/67 34% (very competitive high school)
GPA: 3.75/4.0</p>

<p>Activities: FFA, DECA, Varsity Cross Country (Captain), Varsity Baseball, Indoor Soccer, Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership, JV Basketball</p>

<p>Volunteer Activities: Assistant AYSO Soccer Coach, Assistant sound director at church, 25+ hours at local boys and girls club, few other small things</p>

<p>Awards: Junior Homecoming Prince, XC Captain, scholar-athlete, various ffa awards, DECA chapter officer
what do you guys think?</p>

<p>Has anyone even gotten full admission through A&M’s holistic review before?</p>

<p>@ Karlerzz: Not sure if you are asking for an a review applicant who got admitted this year or anytime before like 2011-2012 or before? I was a review admit last year. i graduated from high school in 2012. My post is with stats are above ^^^. For info, here are some stats from Texas A&M institional data website for TAMU Class of 2016:
~8135 Freshman enrolled
~61% of freshman graduated Top 10% (Highest top 10% in tamu history in freshman class)
~30% between Top 11%-Top 25%
~9% between Top 25%-50%
Avg SAT (CR + M): ~1200 out of 1600 (1755/2400)
Avg ACT Composite: 27</p>

<p>Link: [Data</a> and Research Services - Student Data and Reports](<a href=“http://dars.tamu.edu/Data-and-Reports/Student#common]Data”>http://dars.tamu.edu/Data-and-Reports/Student#common)</p>