How often do college professors give grade reports to students?

<p>I took an English course this summer, the last day of the class was on August 28. I felt like I was cheated when I received my grade as I had spent a great amount of time on each essay, ascertaining and perfecting sentences. Nonetheless, I am not complaining about my grade as it does not cound towards my GPA. Just the fact that I received my grade ten days after the last day concerns me. In high school, my teachers would post grade reports every four-five weeks telling students their grade along with scores on assignments. Because of this I figured out what areas to improve in, and wasn’t “lost in a jungle” regarding what grade I had in the class.</p>

<p>Is this scenario the same for all college classes? That is, do professors just post grades on the very last day of the ten week period(quarter system) with students pondering what their grades are prior to the last day of the class.</p>

<p>It depends on the professor. I would say that not finding out any grade in the class until it is over is rare. Usually you would be handed back graded mideterms, quizzes, essays, homeworks, projects, etc as long as they are due before the last few weeks of the term. However, unless the professor uses a course management system (e.g. Blackboard, Smartsite, etc) it’s unusual for them to do grade reports with all of your assignment grades and your current grade in the class. You’re supposed to be able to calculate that yourself from the assignments/exams you’ve received back and the grading policy listed in the syllabus.</p>