How to transfer into the UCLA nursing program as a current UCLA student?

<p>I'm currently a freshman UCLA undergrad student as a pre-med PsychoBiology major. I've recently decided that I would like to pursue nursing instead... I have heard that the nursing program at UCLA is very competitive admissions-wise so I was wondering if being already an undergrad at UCLA can work to my advantage when transferring to the UCLA School of Nursing for my junior year. </p>

<p>In addition, if I am unable to get into the School of Nursing here in LA, would you recommend I finish out my PsychoBiology degree here at UCLA and go into a nursing program after? Or transfer by my junior year to a Cal State Nursing Program?</p>

<p>Stop by the UCLA Nursing Department and make an appointment and visit their website. Since you are already on campus, that would be your best bet.</p>

<p>My daughter is trying to get into the nursing program this fall at UCLA as a freshman and we were told that they only take 10 Junior transfer students each year with no guarantee that they come from students already enrolled at the school - FYI.</p>

<p>Cal State schools are impacted as well.</p>

<p>I believe they have a program that after you complete your four year degree in whatever major you choose, they have a post grad program where you go into an excellerated 2 year program and come out with a BSN in Nursing. This is another option. Go visit the Nursing dept. located in the Factor building.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>