Howard University Early Applicant Forum 2018-2019

Hopeful #HU23 undergrads!

Let’s engage and support one another through this Early Application process. Feel free to post updates, questions, and or just get to know your future peers!

good luck to you all!

Anyone else applying to the College of Engineering and Architecture??

I am so nervous, only 11 more days until they send out the emails. (Allegedly)

I AM SO BEYOND NERVOUS! My parents were talking to a mom who currently has a student their and she said that letters come out the day of winter break and then the entire campus goes ghost ( meaning that you cannot reach anyone in the admissions office) so that people cannot call with complaints regarding their kids not being accepted.

I’m a hopeful political science major!

I was looking through the website and found that in order to get accepted early decision as a music major of any sort you had to audition by October 20th. I’m really hoping that’s not the case for early action as well because I applied as a music education major and I will die if I get put in regular decision

Only 5 more days!!

I’m so nervous!!! good luck to you all! :slight_smile:

I’m applying for architecture!

Hi! I am kinda confused of when the results are sent for early action. I know it is in December, however, not sure when exactly… does anyone know?

Hi KT2019,
Notification of admission decision for Early Action, Early Decision and Spring Transfer applicants Deadline Friday, December 14, 2018 Undergraduate
You can also check the website for more info. (Under Important Deadlines)

https://www2.howard.edu/admission

Does anyone have an idea of what time the decisions are sent? Last week my friend who applied to a very prestigious school got her letter at exactly 6pm while we were cheering at a basketball game. I only ask because I am FULLY prepared to stop in the middle of a cheer to go check my email under the bleachers…

Don’t forget to share you exciting news when you get your decision this Friday!!

Applied Early, I just checked my application status, and it said “decision made”. Not sure what that means, but I guess it’s a good sign?

@TheMainEstrange mine has changed too! Do u know how they normally release results? I mean through mail or through portal. Hope they will come out soon, I’m so nervous!! Good luck everyone! :stuck_out_tongue:

@howardhopeful I can tell you what happened last year… The decisions for Early Action were scheduled for Friday Dec. 15, 2017 and most of the decisions ended up coming between 11pm on Dec 15th and 6am on Dec. 16th by e-mail. My daughter got her decision on Dec. 16th around 3 am. My advice is to be patient, but I know it is hard. My daughter just came home from her 1st semester at Howard yesterday, and she is loving Howard and Washington D.C. Good Luck.

Good luck to everyone btw!

Hey Guys just got email admissions results will come out Tomorrow December 14 at 1:00ET.:relaxed:Good Luck to Everyone.

I’m assuming that’s PM?

@ValiantQueen Yes Sorry *PM

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!