Howard University Regular Applicant Forum 2018-2019

Mine states the same too!

Same here.

@am_lalo I just called financial aid office and they said that the enrollment fee must be paid before May 1st. Idk what is stopping them from taking our money and saying that they don’t have enough money to give us after the fact.

@am_lalo could you give me the phone number/details of the person you called?

apparently they received my ISFAA on 24th of April when I sent that on Feb 25th and had received an email stating that they received it on Mar 1st. The woman on the phone told me that it took more than a month to download it to their system conveniently on 24th of April so that their 7 to 10 business days of processing time exceeds May 1st. Oh and by the way the enrollment deadline is not extendable(at least that is what I was told). I asked her as to what is stopping them from taking the fee and not giving me aid and she just says decide with the information I just gave you. Really really fishy especially if the enrollment deadline is not extendable which is opposite to what @am_lalo said but Im just saying what I was told. The whole ordeal sounds like a scam rather than an actual university.

I emailed international admissions counselor and he said that they will be extending the deadline. I don’t know why a representative in financial aid was spouting such nonsense without being sure herself.

@Harkehaldar Same thing that happened to me when someone from the financial aid dept informed me that Howard no longer gives aid to international students…I’ve been surprised after checking on you guys and seeing that you’re talking bout ISFAA and updates from admissions regarding your aid and stuff.

It seems like those in the financial aid dept are ignorant and not efficient in giving out helpful info…

Anyway, regarding their extended deadline…arent they aware that if after the deadline you are not satisfied but decide to choose another college, you would be too late to pay the other college’s enrollment deposit? Or are you guys fixated on attending Howard no matter the aid you receive?

Think Howard is the best school most of us here could attend.

When I called the financial aid office, I was told the same. I think the representatives from the financial aid office are just students who just say what’s convenient for them.

i called the financial aid office about a month ago and the one who recieved the call told me If I was eligible for a merit scholarship, I would have been notified with the acceptance letter. I knew instantly that the person was clueless about the financial aid process prolly a student who works at the office. Because even for those who received merit aids, it came over a month or two after they recieved their acceptance letter.(from previous years and US applicants this year). But the I was shocked that someone who works has no idea what is going on. It just shows how disorganized Howard’s admission is.

Last week, I emailed the international student admission officer. He assured me the award package will be available in the coming days and I shouldn’t bother about the May 1st deadline because I will be given a reasonable time to make an informed decision. So @Harkehaldar don’t worry about what the person said on the phone. I’m he/she is just speculating.

I just got my scholarship award package…capstone $28150

WOW finally … where did you get notified?

1 Like

OMG…Congrats @flight18 I guess it really pays to be patient ?

I can see $12850 capstone scholarship in my status page…I’m really surprised (I had a 1480 SAT and 3.8 GPA)…Anyway, it doesn’t matter since I’ve committed elsewhere. Hope y’all received something great @Safaltaa @Harkehaldar @am_lalo

Founders Scholarship. Got 28750 total

1 Like

Congrats!!! @Harkehaldar
What were your stats? Founders was really rare this year.

1 Like

Has anyone been able to accept the financial award?

@am_lalo I don’t know how to accept the aid. I tried to. @pigustavo 1500 SAT, maybe 4 GPA (not sure).

Hi I was wondering if anyone else hasn’t received their award yet. My financial aid tab hasn’t been updated

@Safaltaa @Harkehaldar I am Nepali as well but I do live in the states. Are you both going to Howard?