HS internship in a hospital

Hi, I’m a grade ten student.
Our school provide a week for students to explore a specific type of work.
During the work week, i am planning to work in a pretty big hospital.
I was wondering if there is any sorts of research that can be conducted within a hospital. My plan is to work in the hospital for a week along with the experiment and write a lab report.

Tysm

in 1 week? I don’t think so. research takes a lot longer than that. I am sure there is research going on and the hospital must have a coordinator. you could try searching for the IRB (Institutional Review Board), which generally oversees research. but I wouldn’t plan on getting anything done in 1 week.

1 Like

One of your tags says you are an international student. Is that correct or incorrect?

Many hospital have affiliated research, but likely none of which you will be allowed to join if your time commitment is only one week. Medical research takes months, if not years, a week is not nearly enough time to get involved in any substantial way.

What you could do, perhaps, is find a doctor who is conducting research/clinical trial and interview him/her about that research. That could be a good learning opportunity for you. But I don’t think it’s realistic to expect to actually participate given the time constraints.

got it, tysm. This helps a lot