HSF Hispanic Scholarship Fund???

I asked if emails were going to be sent today and the replied:

Hello,

Due to a major increase in HSF applications this year, the selection process took longer than expected. We apologize for the long wait and thank you for your patience. Please note,applicants selected for an HSF scholarship were notified via email on Thursday July 9th.Additionally, we are currently working on two other groups of applicants, all of which will be notified by email at the end of this week :

1.       Waitlisted applicants – these students will be put on our HSF Scholarship Waitlist and selected for a scholarship in the case that additional scholarship money becomes available

2.       Not-selected applicants- unfortunately, these students will not be awarded an HSF scholarship for the 2015 year and are welcomed to re-apply in January 2016

We ask that you please check your spam and junk inboxes to make sure that you don’t miss out on any emails from HSF.

Thank you,

HSF Scholarships Team

We have to wait yet again. I’ve really just lost hope!

I asked if emails were going to be sent today and the replied:

"Hello,

Due to a major increase in HSF applications this year, the selection process took longer than expected. We apologize for the long wait and thank you for your patience. Please note,applicants selected for an HSF scholarship were notified via email on Thursday July 9th.Additionally, we are currently working on two other groups of applicants, all of which will be notified by email at the end of this week :

1.       Waitlisted applicants – these students will be put on our HSF Scholarship Waitlist and selected for a scholarship in the case that additional scholarship money becomes available

2.       Not-selected applicants- unfortunately, these students will not be awarded an HSF scholarship for the 2015 year and are welcomed to re-apply in January 2016

We ask that you please check your spam and junk inboxes to make sure that you don’t miss out on any emails from HSF.

Thank you,

HSF Scholarships Team"

We have to wait yet again. I’ve really just lost hope!

^^Sorry for the double post

What the hell is taking so long. This is easy! Just send automated emails

Wow, just, wow. More applicants is one thing, but to repeatedly tell applicants to keep checking their inboxes, postponing the “notification date” for everyone, and even longer just to reject others is just beyond disrespectful and insulting as a student who worked very hard to even be considered for the scholarship, let alone having to write several essays in middle of a very stressful finals season. The day I have money, I will be donating it myself, never donating to such an unprofessional and tortorous corporation.

So there’s no chance of us winning a scholarship?

So now we have to wait till the end of the week to be rejected, when they said many times before they would tell us today? I.can’t.deal.with.this.anymore. D:

@dk2008 no we didn’t win. The only way we could get any money is by being wait listed then someone deferring the money. Very unlikely.

What’s the big deal? If you didn’t receive a notification Thursday then you already know you’re either waitlisted, or rejected.

And being waitlisted /=/ acceptance so you might as well just accept the rejection and keep it moving. (I already have)

^^^Most of us just want the email as closure and since HSF has fu***ed up so much we all feel played pretty much. You’re right we should move on, we’ve accepted the rejection but we just need the email so we can put it past us.

They just sent me an email saying the following:

Hello,

Please be sure to check your SPAM folder. Recently, a batch of emails have been sent out to applicants who have been selected for a scholarship. A second batch of emails will be sent to applicants who have been placed on our waitlist. A third batch of emails will be sent to applicants who have not been selected for a scholarship by the end of the week.

Best,
HSF Scholarships Team

Lovely. Just lovely.

Has anyone gotten a waitlist or denial email from them at all?

Nope :confused:

Nothing yet. :confused:

This is taking forever

They said by the end of today we should hear something, both denials and wait lists . Fingers crossed!

What the hell, I’m pretty sure we’re not receiving anything today!

I still haven’t heard anything. How long do we have to wait?! We’ve waited enough already

I have sent multiple messages to them and yet no reply! I get that they are “busy”, but why can’t they post a message on their website … to set an actual timeline of when they are going to send the emails???

They are on the west coast so end of the day is really 8pm for people in NYC , 7 in Chicago…which makes it a longer wait for people who live east of Cali. It’s so unfair in a way.