Huge Win

<p>Purdue beats No. 6 WVU!</p>

<p>Yup! I’m pretty sure we will still be “overrated” to many people, mostly 'Cuse fans since they think they are better than us and deserve to jump us in the rankings. I wonder if Katz still thinks Mich. State is going to win the Big Ten Conference. Looking good for the Final Four!</p>

<p>I do have to agree Purdue is a little overrated but not much. When they want to they can really play and I think they can compete with anyone in the country. I do think as long as theyre playing well and dont get into foul trouble they will win the conference. But No. 4 is just a little high if you ask me, I know its a little early but Im not so sure how theyd do against a powerhouse like Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, (I do realize some of those teams I just said are ranked higher but you know what I mean). I do think they are one of the best “teamwork” teams out there. Good win but they still have a lot of work to do! Hopefully of No.1 seed and a final four and then who knows.</p>

<p>Not that I have been to a game (im in ohio) but Mackey has to be one of the most intimidating arenas in the nation (All black everywhere, fans are right on top of the players, and the student section seems incredibly loud and overbearing for the other teams)</p>

<p>Well UNC isn’t really that much of a powerhouse anymore, they kind of went down abit. But I know what you mean, we also play inconsistent at times but it’s nice to see the bench get a lot of playing time lately. Foul trouble definitely is a killer for sure. Hopefully we can get a #1 seed, all we gotta do is play well in the conference games since we finished the all the non-conf. games. </p>

<p>Mackey is one of the worst arenas to play at since it’s an aluminum roof also so all the loud noise just get’s louder. Yeah the student section is quite loud and into the game. Most of the bigger games like Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Indiana games are always packed like hell so it’s pretty sweet when your there.</p>

<p>Yea I just threw North Carolina in there cause theyre usually really good.</p>

<p>It seems to me Purdue always digs themselves a hole in the first half (like down a couple or tie) and then has to play there real game in the second half. Today that was another story they started well and ended well. Finally, Hummel was hitting everything he threw up, and I dont even have to mention JJ and Etwan Moore. I really hope I get to go and get to be apart of the Paint Crew.</p>

<p>how did nc go down? they won the title last year. the team isn’t as strong but to say they aren’t a powerhouse still is dumb</p>

<p>Purdue is good because of their experience. I’d say there are a few other teams that are not ranked as high but have the same amount of talent. However Purdue is not a one and done program and these players have grown together and are mature enough to handle the pressure and play consistently. </p>

<p>Also from someone who lives in NC, UNC is definitely as talented as any team in the country, probably even more talented than Purdue. However they lack any experience in the back court and on the bench, so they will not be as consistent as Purdue will be and therefore will not be as good in my mind this season. However, two seasons from now, watch out because they will be the number 1 or 2 team in the country.</p>

<p>And they do it again. 14-0 </p>

<p>The score certainly didnt reflect the pace and control of the game in my opinion. </p>

<p>Wisc. on Sat., that will be tough fersur.</p>

<p>This Wisconsin game is going to be one of the top three hardest games this season since it’s at their court and Wisconsin is doing well this year. We however swept them both times last year and hopefully we can do it again this year. Now lets hope we get to break the school’s longest streak record.</p>