I got DENIED with an SAT 1880 and a GPA of 4.2!

I am really disappointed. I did expect an acceptance from Purdue! It’s not quiet a top University too! I mean it is pretty good, but not even close to UC Irvine which I got accepted at! Did 80 hours of community service! Head student council president, plenty of volunteering! Though I wouldn’t have gone to Purdue, but having the option to was pretty satisfying! LOL! I know there are plenty of better students that applied to Purdue, but I was expecting better! NVM… Am I the one who lost the chance or is al the way around (not trying to show off at all)

PS: All OPINIONS ARE ACCEPTED NOT MATTER WHAT!

What’s your major? If it’s engineering, then Purdue is way better than UC Irvine, which is a great school. Plus you applied in RD, I’ve seen people with way better stats getting waitlisted/rejected. Purdue is a top university when comes to engineering and CS, it’s ranked better than many of the Ivies too. If your major is not engineering then I’m not quite sure where Purdue stands. All the best to you for your future :slight_smile:

Thanks! My Major is Biology and still Purdue can’t even stand alongside UCI! I know it’s a good and top university but there are levels and I don’t think Purdue is even close to UCI’s ranking level…Huge disappointment!

Don’t know what your unweighted gpa was, but 1880 SAT might have been a little low. By the way, when you write your college papers, make sure you proofread and avoid using the ! Hope all goes well.

@Moealthahabi Are you a domestic student? And what’s your class rank? Biology’s not a particularly competitive major. Really, the only ones that are competitive are engineering and computer science.

A 1880 SAT in conjunction with a 4.2 GPA is indicative of grade inflation.

@onceuponamom Thanks and don’t worry about it!
@snappletop I am a domestic student though I spent my senior high school year in another country! The 4.2 GPA is not a grade inflation due to the huge amount of AP subjects I have taken! Chem 4, Calc AB 5 , PHY 5 , Biology 5. My experience is great, I have lots of community service, volunteering, and work experience! You guys should stop telling applicants that they got denied for a really academic reason. I called Purdue and they replied by " The submission of your application was late". This is complete bull’'it. I did get accepted elsewhere, but again having the option was nice!

@Moealthahabi
I got in Purdue Engineering with 1650 on SAT and 95 on TOEFL
GPA 83/100
Indian applicant
I am not sure why you got rejected
My ECs were strong though.

Maybe one of you was full pay?

Yes

Not sure why this thread was resurrected today, but if you were trying to get into one of the more competitive areas, and you did not apply by November 1, that would explain it. Applying early makes a huge difference-- that is why so many people rush to make the EA deadlines.

Purdue has rolling admissions. Does applying early still make a difference? @s16s18s21s25

Yes. First and foremost there are the scholarship opportunities. Also, programs close as they have already started admitting students so your chances go down as spaces are filling up. If you really want to go to Purdue you should apply by their deadline, otherwise you take chances of not getting in.

@ryanite…you’re asking if it makes a difference that they start admitting people in October and an applicant doesn’t apply until months later when many of the allocated acceptance have neen issued for programs that are competitive and/or limited?? In a word, yes!

@s16s18s21s25
Gotcha
Anyway i applied early and got accepted.and am happy to be a boilermaker

Guys HELPPP

I got deferred about a month ago from Purdue and they asked for my 7th semester grades…My counsellor put it up yesterday and today I checked again the application and it says “Decision Made” and the decision is “OFFER ADMISSION” I still havent received any email or letter though. Does anyone know if this means I get accepted?? Please I’m super frustrated right now and nervous!!!

Admission Term: Fall 2016
Admission Type: New First Time
Application Status: Decision Made
Decision: Offer Admission