I have a 2.5 GPA. Would i be able to be offered admission at Texas A&M College Station with that GPA

Originally, i was gonna go to Northern Arizona University, but yesterday i got sent a rejection letter stating, “you didn’t meet our requirements” okay. So i’ve been stressing and realized maybe it’s best i stay in Texas, and go to Texas A&M at college station. Anybody get in with a 2.5 GPA??? pls help me i’m very sad and feel there’s no hope for me to attend a university. My other opinion if not offered any type of admission is to enlist into the marine corps, but i’ll be facing disownership by my parents.

Sheesh! That’s cruel! That GPA won’t get you into Texas A&M, but UTEP is an open enrollment school. Apply there, and you should get in if all else fails. There are other schools you could consider in Texas that might let you in. Check out Tarleton State. If you have a good SAT/ACT score, UTSA is another option.

BTW…I went to UTSA. It’s super friendly over there!

@usmckaikai
First of all, A&M does not use GPA for admissions. They use your class rank and SAT score for 50% of your admissions criteria.
Second, A&M is not the only good school in Texas. There are many great universities and colleges in TX and depending on your rank and scores, you might find a fit.

Admissions Officers have experience with students who don’t perform well at their high school have a harder time at a competitive and rigorous university. Now, if there are extenuating circumstances for your low GPA and thus ranking, you can explain that in your essay and what you did to overcome that hardship/circumstance, etc.

There are many good schools in Texas. Look at the requirements for each you might be interested in as well as cost of attendance. Most public universities are going to be full pay unless you get outside grants/scholarships to help offset the cost. Dorms/meal plans can cost more than the actual tuition each semester. So if cost is an issue, there is nothing wrong with living at home and attending a school nearby if there is one.

College isn’t for everyone and college isn’t for everyone right out of high school. Don’t enlist as a knee jerk reaction to not gong to a particular college. That is a huge commitment not to be taken lightly and not a mature decision if it is off the cuff.

Good luck to you

@usmckaikai As everyone has stated, there are so many amazing schools in Texas, each with a different feel to them. SFA, Sam Houston, TX State, UofH, etc. are some great schools with great campuses (UofH is city vibe tho). Depending on your major and what you want to do with your life after college, you can find your place. And it is okay not to know what you want to do with your life. As @thelma2 said, don’t make a knee jerk decision. Talk to your parents, counselors at school, your favorite teach, etc. It’s all going to work out. Sorry you had a setback on your northern school, but it’s definitely not the end all to your academic pursuits! Best of luck and please keep us posted!