I love UCSB, but I'm pre med, should I choose UCI instead?

<p>Help me choose, UCSB vs. UCI, will I be disadvantaged if I choose to attend UCSB for pre med instead of UCI?</p>

<p>No</p>

<p>neither</p>

<p>u do need to understand though that u need to be competitive and ****</p>

<p>competitive and what?</p>

<p>motivated?</p>

<p>My answer is no.</p>

<p>The vast majority of pre-med kids don't stay pre-med, and pre-med is not a major anyhow. Academic advising is the most important thing for an undergrad pre-med student. Do you know how it is at these two schools? Have you visited? </p>

<p>What major are you declaring? If you decide against pre-med will you stay with that major? What other majors would be possibilities in the likely event you don't stay pre-med?</p>

<p>You should go to both school's web-sites and review what they offer. Make a list of priorities of what is important to you. </p>

<p>What else do you want to do during the four years (or more) you will be attending college? Do you play a sport or an instrument? Do you hope to get an internship or do research? Do you want a quiet environment or one bustling with activity and parties? Does it bother you to have to live far away from campus after freshman year due to lack of available housing nearby? Will you have a car? How much does housing cost at the schools you are considering, and what can you afford?</p>

<p>And passionate</p>

<p>as this kid above said</p>

<p>I know about 10 kids who went to bio majors to UCI hoping to be doctors and only one stayed</p>

<p>yeah, and by passion I mean DEVELOP it, u can't say u want to be a doctor without even attending a hospital</p>

<p>Go and volunteer.... I did, and I have a passion for it, but not to be a doctor, a passion for health... public health which in my opinion is more badass</p>