UCD vs UCSD vs UCI vs UCSB for PreMed

Hi guys, I’m sure you’ve gotten a plethora of these threads. I’m a confused HS senior and I’ve been accepted to UCSD, UCI, and UCD, waiting on UCSB. (Also CPSLO, but FA at state schools aren’t the best and that’s an issue for me). AND A NOTE: I know pre med is NOT A MAJOR. Also, I did not receive CHP/Honors/Regents for these schools.

I applied UNDECLARED to all of these (I started my application in the summer leading to senior year. Not a clue that impacted majors existed.) I got accepted to UCD as Undeclared-Life Sciences, UCSD as undeclared in ERC, and UCI as undergrad undeclared, and I’m waiting on UCSB as undeclared College of Letters and Sciences. CPSLO as Biology.

I understand UCSD is known as a very good premed undergraduate school. However, I also know that med schools don’t care as much as which school you got your bachelor’s, but rather if you excelled or not. I know it’s so competitive there; is it worth it to attend and fight for the 4.0? I also know that they have 4(?) close by hospitals for clinical experience. ERC also has difficult GE’s.

UCD has an amazing vet program (and some others, I forgot what). How is this one for premed? How difficult are their GE’s? I know I could get used to the smell of cow poop, but the scorching summers throw me off…

UCI. Originally I had wanted to go here, but then I just stopped wanting…so I don’t know much about it. How’s premed here? How are the GE’s?

UCSB. Originally my LAST choice. I don’t even know if I got in. I know nothing other than they don’t have hospitals nearby, but GE’s are slightly easier than UCSD. How is premed here?

Name of the school somewhat matters to me. I’m asian, and my older is an utter disappointment in my parents’ eyes. I want to make them proud. Heck they’d be happy if I went to SLO, but I want them to be proud and confident when they tell other people where I go to college; they never had that with my sister.

Feel free to just give a biased opinion on any one of the schools, you don’t have to comment on all. My parents’ English is awful, so I can’t sit down and discuss much with them. I don’t have many friends to talk to about it either, because they’re all going to CC or State schools (NOT BASHING THESE SCHOOLS AT ALL, but my friends just don’t have similar aspirations and determination as me…). I’m just a very confused senior. I literally have no idea where I want to go and I have done so much research, but they just have not given me answers…

Thanks in advance guys. I appreciate it so so much.

(I posted on the Premed forum too, told me to post here!)

UCI, UCD and UCSD all have medical schools on campus. UCSB does not. They have a good relationship with Cottage Hospital.

I can’t speak with 100% certainty but it sounds like it is a lot more difficult go petition into a bio sci major at UCSD than it is at UCI, UCD or UCSB.

@lkg4answers like a school of medicine or a hospital? (or is the basically the same thing…) because I really love it there, but if it’s gonna be difficult and very competitive to obtain EC for med school I think I won’t go there…