I need a lawyer because I'm gonna kill lil bro

<p>He’s due a 7K+ refund for this semester from a PLUS loan. I told him to set up direct deposit so he’d get the money faster from UA so that he’d have it for his expenses as soon as he got down there. So he sets it up last month for his Wachovia account that he was supposed to be using while at school.</p>

<p>I told him the other day to check to see if the refund arrived in his account yet. He told me today it hadn’t. Well apparently the problem is that Wachovia closed the account last month due to inactivity (lil bro was using his local NJ bank account instead all last year).</p>

<p>lil bro of course didn’t open his stack of mail or he would have realized this fact a month ago BEFORE the direct deposit was supposed to go through.</p>

<p>So now we have to call student receivables and explain what happened. Hopefully they can cancel their previous attempt to deposit the money in the closed account and deposit into his other account. Something tells me this won’t be an easy or quick process.</p>

<p>Won’t Recievables simply receive an error when attempting to transfer the funds? Then he can simply pick up a check and deposit wherever he wants? </p>

<p>Btw, since his Wachovia account is closed anyway, he might want to consider a credit union…all the banks around here are starting to all but do away with free checking accounts.</p>

<p>Hopefully that will be the case. I fear his 7K is floating around somewhere in a cyberspace black hole and it will take a while for the bank to realize the transaction never went through.</p>

<p>I imagine he’ll just stick with his local bank and pay the fees if he wants to withdraw cash from the ATM.</p>

<p>NJBama: Have your brother call Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) and explain what happened. I have accounts with the bank, and whenever I’ve had something happen or need an explanation, I call. They are incredibly nice and usually assist me with the issue promptly.</p>

<p>I am sure it will get worked out. </p>

<p>…But then again it could end up in some Auburn boosters account earmarked for some Auburn football player!</p>

<p>Seriously, it will get worked out. Wachovia/Wells Fargo is usually responsive.</p>