IB SL Physics vs. AP Physics C

<p>Hello all!</p>

<p>So after many discussions and thought, I've narrowed down that I will take either IB SL Physics or AP Physics C. Originally I wanted to take AP Physics C, but now I see that in a few of the majors I'm looking into I see that SL Physics is good enough to credit, but either the AP credit and IB credit count given that you pass (except for one of the majors I'm looking at). I'm so confused! Which one should I take? I've taken Physics 1 Honors online through FLVS (Florida Virtual School), but that doesn't prepare you at all. And I'm planning to take AP Calculus BC. </p>

<p>Are you going to be a STEM major? If so, take Physics C. If not, take SL Physics.</p>

<p>I want to do a Biology/Pre-med major! Would Physics C be better?</p>

<p>If you don’t already have a good background in physics, I wouldn’t recommend taking Physics C, but it is still doable. It is one of the hardest AP classes. For your major, you wouldn’t need to take Physics C/Physics with Calculus, unless you really want to.</p>

<p>Oh okay. I’ve heard it’s a crazy challenge, but I’m just confused. From some I hear it’s best to go for it, and from they say it’s dangerous and a GPA killer. Either credit is accepted, I’ve heard they both cover the same topics but C has calculus. I’m not a brightest person, but I can consider myself a person who will possibly manage if I put my mind to things.</p>

<p>If you’re going on a biology pre med track then algebra based physics is all you need. So, take SL, Physics C would be overkill if you don’t intend on taking physics in college.</p>

<p>I totally understand - but I’d have to take AP Psychology instead, and I don’t want to do that! I rather to SL Psychology so I’ll try to see what I can do instead!</p>

<p>AP Physics C is CRAZY, especially the E&M one. I looked up sample questions, for fun, and I was like o.e</p>

<p>Oh man o.0 well I’ll try my best. </p>

<p>Why would you not want to take AP psych?</p>

<p>I’ve heard SL Psychology is better in our school! In terms of preparation and things like that.</p>

<p>How is AP Physics 1 compared to SL Physics? </p>