IB vs AP in college credits?

<p>I've been hearing things such as if you get a 5 on an AP test you'll have some college leeway but not the same for a 7 and IB? Do schools consider AP and IB similarly in that courses may be skipped?</p>

<p>Truly, it all depends on the school. You need to do a search for “IB credit” on each school’s site to determine their policies. Some give more weight to IB, but it’s rare; however, most do allow some sort of acceleration with IB credits.</p>

<p>Depends on the school. Most schools we have seen ask for a 5 or higher on IB, although one asked for a 4. One school gives 32 credits if you come in with the full diploma and a 5 on 3 tests.</p>

<p>AP depends on school also. Look at the individual schools that you want to attend. Of the schools my Ds applied, state univ took 3,4,5 but private schools varied. One took a maximum of 4 APs. That school and most other privates only take 4s and 5s. One school used some for placement but not credit. I assume they generally treat IBs the same way.</p>

<p>A lot colleges will only give credit for HL tests for IB, generally for 6-7 scores if they take 4-5 on AP tests and 5-7 if they take 3-5 on AP. Check each school’s credit policies.</p>