If I am bad at Biology should i still pursue nursing

I dont necessarily dislike biology but i am struggling a little, if i study hard enough i know i can understand it but right now im struggling. I want to be a nurse really bad because i want to help people and I love the show Greys Anatomy lol. But im wondering if its worth it, should i do it and just study as hard as I can? i know that if you study something enough you can master it but i don’t know. But i really want to be a nurse, do you guys think i can do it?

Nobody can answer this for you. For now I suggest you study as hard as possible and see how things turn out.

I am a biology professor and I can tell you that you are not bad at biology!
First, make sure nursing is really what you want to do - m,aybe find a way to volunteer at a hospital or shadow a nurse for a day, it is exhausting, important, but unglamorous work and the information you need to know is so important. That said, as a nursing student you take very few true bio classes.
For your bio classes get tutoring from day one of the semester. All professors will have office hours, and those can be so useful to spend a little one on one time going over topics. I am shocked how much better my students who come to my office hours do on average than those who do not If you may find it hard to connect with their style of teaching. Most bio departments also have peer-tutoring where upperclassmen help underclassmen. Look for options like these. Sometimes it just takes the right person explaining it to you.
And keep your eye on the long term goal of becoming a nurse. Best of luck to you!

I agree that your coursework in nursing won’t have constant bio classes.

I also agree that the manner in which the subject is presented has a LOT to do with how you “capture” the information to remember it, recall it for tests, and then to understand how it will be used.
Don’t beat yourself up. Go to tutoring from day one. My daughters’ universities had free tutoring. The sciences were tough but one daughter had a tutor who was a really good artist and could teach how things moved using pictures, drawings, colors. He had the students copy his drawings of cells, reactions, etc. They seemed to like the visual interpretations.

Loving a TV show and wanting to help people- gosh, there are 30 careers off the top of my head that match that, and nursing is not one of them.

You realize the show is fiction, right?

Please keep in mind that I graduated many moons ago (1997) but Bio was not a significant part of my BSN education. We had to take microbiology and Anatomy & Physiology as far as “bio” classes, but that was it. My program was actually more chemistry heavy in the beginning, but that can vary some depending on the school.

Look at the curriculums of the schools you are interested in to see how many bio courses you need to take. You might be surprised. I actually truly enjoyed my micro and A&P classes even though I wasn’t a huge fan of my general bio classes in high school.