If I Ask You To Teach Me What You’re Good At

Lobbying for picture of Tigerle’s 14th century house with beams! Maybe a pic that goes away so you don’t reveal too much? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Cottontales - how to come up with a fun user name that is also a clever pun? Yours is great.

I’m occasionally on another site where (bless them) almost all the users go by “Anon” or “Anonymous.” Um, we are all “anon”, no? :slight_smile: :joy:

3 Likes

How to grow a kick *** garden in the desert
How to plan a kick *** WDW or Disneyland trip that your spouse will enjoy when he/she doesn’t like Disney parks
How to nag the heck out of your teenager
How to brine & roast a turkey so it’ll taste like a million bucks
How to spray paint a mural in the backyard and have it turn out so great, people think you paid an artist to do it for you

9 Likes

You’re not better than me at nagging teens, lol.

5 Likes

I can teach you how to:

Bake the best challah ever.
Drive a manual transmission vehicle.
Write a great speech/essay/personal narrative.

4 Likes

I can even nag by text.

7 Likes

@VeryHappy I must learn to slow down when I read; reading your post, I read:

Excel
Swinging
Cooking

and I thought 'why would s/he excel at swinging?"

3 Likes

My family and friends would assure you that I believe I can teach anyone anything. Sadly, this is not much of an exaggeration.

Jill of all trades and mistress of none. :wink:

4 Likes

Not only can I refold the tiny prescription pamphlet, I can also wrap it carefully around the bottle and stick it back in the original box. Gee. Guess my small motor skills aren’t too bad after all. Maybe I should give origami a try.

5 Likes

Perhaps some insight to her screen name… :wink:

1 Like

I can teach you how to:

• Shop for groceries and make bag lunches for the soccer team, the football team, the basketball team, the hockey team, the tennis team, and the golf team
    Guess what I did for twelve years? And before that, I handed out lots of juice boxes, Gatorade bottles, and Twinkies.

• Address wedding invitations and make place cards

• Help kids learn to read - and love reading

• Assist in building awesome MagnaTile castles

• Assist in building fantastic Thomas Train tracks with lots of loops and bridges

D and SIL lived downtown for several years. I am amazing at parallel parking AND I know where all the loading zones are where you can park for free after 6 pm.

I will trade any of these services for cleaning and organizing.

3 Likes

I can teach

Contract Bridge
Making Apple Pie
The difference between American and English silver

3 Likes

You can PM me for a link to a vlog.

Ooooooo, interesting. Perhaps a new activity to pursue after covid ends and we don’t have to simply elbow-bump. :wink:

Like @silverlady, I can teach contract bridge, and strategy for all types of scoring. I can teach basics in an afternoon, as a start on lifetime learning!

I can cook Polish food–baking, not so much.

I’m intrigued that the OP @abasket can teach how to plant a square foot garden. I’m a newbie, and just about to start a thread asking for advice.

1 Like

Even in Greenpoint (Brooklyn), I can’t find anything like my late Babci’s sauerkraut pierogi. Took that recipe to the grave with her. My great aunt can match her stuffed cabbage.

My Baba (Slovak) always told me the secret is the paprika and the way you cook the potatoes. “Salt the water like the sea.” I always “wash” my sauerkraut really well, then fry it up first with silvered onions, butter, brown sugar, a little caraway and good Hungarian paprika. I still can’t get my dough as good as hers.

2 Likes

My Russian MIL makes great sauerkraut & red cabbage from scratch, so it’s never been the filling. The dough and cooking them the right way is indeed the challenge.

1 Like

Same; I wonder if it’s the type of sour cream? I can’t get the right taste/consistency

For some old recipes, the “trick” is using lard.

3 Likes