If i took a summer school class for enrichment, will it count for credit as A-G?

<p>If i took a A-G course for summer school enrichment, like art, does it count as a one year A-G course, meaning i would get the full credit of a whole year?</p>

<p>Also, what would the UCs look at taking summer school enrichment as, a “good” or “bad” thing?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>It depends on the art. Check the UC pathways to see if the course is in the a-g list. If not you can list it in the extracuriculum activities class. D listed ROP and a fine art she took in the summer. I called UCLA and the adcom said to put in additional information. Either way is fine, pick one.</p>

<p>You will get credit and it will be weighted.</p>

<p>Wait, I have the same situation; so bessie, we will get the full credit as a year-long a-g course? Sorry, just want to clarify since this makes a pretty big difference for my GPA.</p>

<p>
[quote]
it will be weighted.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Why should it be weighted?</p>

<p>/yeah... i wasn't talking about weighted grades or anything like that, just if a class would be counted as a "full year's" class</p>

<p>For the UC's: One semester of college = one year of wtd. high school class. Didn't mean to confuse the issue.</p>

<p>If the course was completed at a college or university and worth at least 3 semester (4 quarter) UC Transferable units/credits and meets the “a-g” requirements then one course meets a full year of the requirement and is considered an honors level course.
If the course was completed at a high school summer program then check the course list for the high school to verify “a-g” and honors level. If taken at a high school the course will only satisfy one semester of the requirement.
An “a-g” course is an “a-g” course no matter where you complete it. The completed “a-g” courses will always be reviewed with your application.</p>