If the NMF's get an iPAD, then have to have a MAC?

<p>To use the iPad, say to take notes in class, etc, would a student then have to have some sort of compatable MAC to do the heavy-duty (not engineering or high math) work such as spreadsheets, graphics, etc?</p>

<p>Although the iPads are awesome and have some very useful apps, students would still need a laptop. It makes sense to me to get the Mac to be compatible.</p>

<p>I don’t think so. I have an iPad and a windows-based computer.</p>

<p>DD has a Mac book Pro and an IPad 3…she loves and uses both. She has used teh ipad to take notes on this spring…had a ipad 2 before that and did the same thing. We are a Mac family through and through :)…</p>

<p>M2CK, CAN you take notes on an iPAD and then transfer them to a pc?</p>

<p>I have no idea, but DD has a MAC now, and I know it has apple-specific note-taking software that she loves…</p>

<p>What can you do on an iPAD that makes UA give them instead of the pc they used to offer? Is it just the cool factor?</p>

<p>She’ll love the iPAD, but I don’t know what the acquisition of the iPAD means to the decision of what kind of computer to buy to take to college???</p>

<p>son uses his windows based computer with his ipad…sorry, I don’t know how(that’s why I have a child!) but he has talked about doing things on his computer and then showing them on the ipad…so certainly things go from windows to the ipad…</p>

<p>Thanks! I was resistant when DD got the MAC, sure that when something happened, that I would not be able to trouble shoot it. Well, NOTHING has ever happened. In fact, I use it occaisionally, and IT IS REALLY EASY - especially when used in conjunction with her iPhone4…very impressive.</p>

<p>I guess she’ll figure it out and make a reccommendation to me when the time is right.</p>

<p>…and maybe I’ll get that beat up old MAC.</p>

<p>M2CK, CAN you take notes on an iPAD and then transfer them to a pc?</p>

<p>I haven’t had to do that, so I’m not sure. maybe with iCloud or emailing them to yourself or using syncing? </p>

<p>I take notes using Evernote on my iPad. I’ve emailed them to myself. I don’t have to do this as often as a student would, so there has to be a more efficient way. I’m not an iPad expert. It’s really just a pricey toy to me. lol</p>

<p>I want to share that one of the functions we’ve enjoyed (okay…I have, son probably tolerates) is for mobile skyping. Friends have had dorm suite tours, met room mates, you can skype when wireless is there and see the place, etc… Some of you more techy than me may not be as tickled with this as I am, but I find it fun and look forward to these ‘face to face’ or ‘face to place’ visits.</p>

<p>As a mom of all girls I’ll have to share that the funniest app my kids have shown me lately is the clean bathroom app. They’ve been laughing hysterically this afternoon about “Sit or Squat” ratings of public restrooms…lol…the joys of having girls!</p>

<p>Yes, you can transfer files between a Windows-based PC and an iPad. Some apps allow you to transfer the files with iTunes. For other apps, you might need to use Dropbox or email the files to yourself.</p>