"In loco parentis"....Do you live near a college?

Yes - I live in Phoenix - near ASU, GCU and of course HQ of U of Phx. So many strong community colleges in Phoenix that it nearly always makes sense to enroll in CC before university.

Any of the NYC schools, public (CUNY/SUNY) or private, traditional or Art. Other NY schools are a short ride away. Send me a PM if you need to.

I’m near Elon (15 min), UNC CH, Duke

I am in the Chicago Burbs

I’m neat UNM. Happy to help in any way!

Hello,
I am in Portland. R blocks from Reed College. Happy to help.

I live in Chicago (Lakeview area). I have a son starting at UChicago and Im blocks from DePaul. My oldest went to school 700 miles away, and it was so nice to have a handful of parents I could call in the area if needed. Im happy to return the favor! Please send me a dm (ideally in advance of an emergency) and Ill provide you with my contact info.

I’m also a short driving distance from Loyola and Northwestern.

duplicate post (sorry)

I am in Seattle! Near UW, Seattle U, Seattle Pacific. Kind of near UW Bothell, univ of Puget Sound and PLU.

James Madison U, Shenandoah Valley area of Virginia

I live and work in Oxford, MS. My wife and I are Ole Miss alumni. DS is a student at UM. PM if you need a hand.

Fort Lewis College in Durango, CO. Beautiful campus, one of just a few public LACs. One son is there.

Hello, I am in San Diego. I am familiar with SDSU, UCSD, USD, Cal State San Marcos. Good Luck Everyone!

I am very close to Cal Lutheran, which is in Thousand Oaks, California. I am also pretty close to Cal State Channel Islands. Send me a PM for help.

Duke, NC State and UNC all less than 25 minute drive

I’m in RI near Brown, RISD, PC and Johnson and Wales. I’m happy to help if needed.

My son has applied to Brown. Can you tell me something about the surrounding area near the campus?

@Torrchase- good luck to your son. I just returned from a trip to Providence. The city is home to 6 colleges all in relatively close proximity. Brown, RISDI, Roger Williams, Providence and Johnson Wales and a URI campus. Consequently the town has a youthful, hipster feel juxtaposed against an old industrial city. Think cobble stones, micro breweries, amazing Italian food on Federal hill, river fire, smoke stacks and windmills (look them up).

We have discovered over a dozen great resteraunts. Look up Rosalina, Mills Tavern, Hemenways to get an idea. Generally the best a small city has to offer such as the RISDI museum, ice rink in the park, and local zoo. It is almost all within walking distance. Yes there are some homeless people but never felt unsafe.

Brown sits at the top of a steep hill from downtown. To get there you walk through RISDI campus but will know you have arrived at Brown when you get to the Van Wickle gates. Once you pass through you will be walking through several quads that most people think of as Brown’s campus. Several nice statues, an eclectic assortment of architecture and a distinct “Ivy League” Pre revolutionary war feel. The school’s footprint extends well beyond these walls however. The athletic buildings (with the exception of the football stadium and rugby fields are a little further away) are a short walk up Thayer street. Thayer is where the Brown bookstore and students tend to eat and hang out. Pita stores, Ben Jerrys, boutiques etc line the street.

I hope this helps and please PM me with any questions. We love the city and school.

@nocreativity1 We love Hemenways! Also Los Andes has amazing Peruvian food and Jahunger is an Uyghur restaurant offering the most popular/ authentic cuisines from Northwestern China. @Torrchase walk down Wickenden street-lots of little shops and restaurants.