Incoming Freshman With Transferable AP/JC Units

<p>I was just recently accepted to UCSB for Economics and am strongly considering it because of the in-state tuition, but also because I have taken a few AP’s and College Courses at a local JC. As far as I know, these credits should be able to transfer seamlessly if I choose to attend UCSB next year. I’m sure I’m not the only person in my position, but I just have one question. Given I pass my AP tests this year, I should have completed 10 classes with AP/College credit. (AP Macro, AP Micro, AP Enviro, AP Calc AB, JC: Intro to Stat, Political Science 201, Intro to Psych, 2 Chinese classes, plus test out of introductory english course with 30+ ACT english/writing). The normal course load, to my understanding, is about 4 classes per semester/quarter. Does this mean that at a quarter school I would have already completed 2 1/2 quarters worth of GE’s? And what about at a semester school? Wouldn’t that be like 2 1/2 semesters? Do people at quarter system schools graduate earlier, or just have more required classes? Basically, will these credits even end up benefiting me at all? And if so, how? Are the UC’s cooperative, or like most privates, do they expect you to take every class at their school? Thanks!</p>

<p>Carmelo: All these credits will benefit you. See the following table for credits awarded for each AP exam -- some depend on your score:
College</a> Board Advanced Placement Credit - General Education Program - UC Santa Barbara 2007-2008 General Catalog</p>

<p>For CC courses, a semester course is worth 4 quarter units. Good luck.</p>

<p>To get the exact course credit for those CC classes you can also check out [url=<a href="http://www.assist.org/%5DAssist%5B/url"&gt;http://www.assist.org/]Assist[/url&lt;/a&gt;].&lt;/p>

<p>Every class at their school? Have you seen the number of courses offered at the typical UC? You couldn't even come close to taking them all. You'd have a lot of flexibility in what courses you want to take outside of your major and GE requirements.</p>