Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Congrats! I believe that’s what it means. I’ve been waiting, but my daughter’s hasn’t changed yet.

To those admitted, did you get a separate email for filling up scholarship app? If you got the email, how many days after the admission email?

1 Like

My daughter received the invitation to submit the Selective Scholarship Application 5 days after she received the admission decision email. I assume everyone is invited to submit the SSA, but I don’t know for sure. She also submitted the general scholarship application.

Thanks so much @NJmom3G

Could you point me how to fill the general scholarship app?

I think there’s a module in OneIU for scholarships. Also, all admitted students are automatically considered for merit scholarships. The general scholarship application was for additional scholarships from outside sources, but through IU. The selective scholarship app requires an in depth essay. You and/or your student needs to invest some time researching all of the opportunities on the IU website.

Thank you again. Very helpful!

yeah, me too. I see my son’s status changed to below, does it mean it’s a direct admission now?

Program:
Arts & Sciences Undergraduate

Plan:
Computer Science BA

1 Like

Hi, can you tell me what the portal showed after the update? Because currently my son’s portal is just showing a list of requests which he has submitted all. It’s also strange that they asked him to upload the essay again, we thought we submitted the writing supplement together with the common app.

Could it be they are requesting the commonapp main essay? My daughter’s commonapp essay was not downloaded by IU per the commonapp status.

No, the question is specific to IU bloomington.

There should have been two separate submissions when you applied to IU. The first includes the Common App essay, and the fee. The second is a submission for the IU supplemental only. It is unusual, so could be confusing.

It’s Tuesday. Good luck to everyone today for possible portal acceptances! Crossing fingers here

6 Likes

IU doesn’t review the Common App essay. Only the Writing Supplement is reviewed. From their admissions website

"As part of your application, regardless of which platform you choose, you will need to submit the IU-specific essay. In 200–400 words, you’ll be asked to describe your academic and career plans and any special interest (for example, undergraduate research, academic interests, leadership opportunities, etc.) that you are eager to pursue as an undergraduate at Indiana University. Also, if you encountered any unusual circumstances, challenges, or obstacles in pursuit of your education, you may share those experiences and how you overcame them. Please note that this essay may be used for scholarship consideration.

If you are applying through the Common Application, you’ll need to submit the Writing Supplement for IU Bloomington (this is the essay described above). You are not required to complete and submit the standard Common Application essay prompts; these additional essays will not be considered in the admissions process."

1 Like

trisip - The IU portal can be a bit confusing. Did he get an application complete email some time back from IU? Does he have notes on his account actually saying something is missing? For application update - Is he checking the correct area of the portal? Have him do a search for application status. That is where my daughter’s status changed from Applied to Admitted.

Crossing fingers here too!!! Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Nothing here. Anyone get in today ?

Nothing here either

Nothing here either.

My daughter received her direct admit email for the The Media School today. For frame of reference for others who applied for Media, app complete date was 9/19, admitted to IUB 10/18, direct admit to The Media School 3 weeks later. Good luck, everyone!

3 Likes

Awesome! We’re hoping for the same!! Can I ask about her stats?

2 Likes