Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

same!

what was her GPA if you donā€™t mind sharing?

How long your daughter was waiting for the DA to Kelley after her acceptance to IU? My son was admitted to IU 11/2 and we still havenā€™t heard from Kelley. He met the automatic DA criteria, but we also filled the petition (I donā€™t know why) and now Iā€™m thinking that it could delay the process.

DS GPA is 3.91 UW

What is everyoneā€™s thoughts on the Hutton Honors College? How is the program? Thanks!

Worth doing. A friend whose kids did Hutton recently reported smaller class sizes with good professors. Good opportunities extracurricular activities, too. Unfortunately, no benefits like early registration.

2 Likes

My current sophomore Kelley son didnā€™t hear until January that year, about 6 weeks later.

1 Like

Thank you.

Her gpa is 4.0

My daughter was admitted a week earlier than yours, and admitted to Kelley about 3 weeks later. But I would not get overly anxious ā€“ because there isnā€™t necessarily an absolute timeline as the volume of applications can gets biggerā€¦ and the holidays may be slowing down the process from here on out. A strong application, especially submitted for Early App phase will still be a strong application. I personally thought the email the University sent inviting business applicants to Petition was a little confusing for those who met the Direct Admit criteria. It definitely makes you second guess the process.

My son applied as a direct admit to Kelley and hasnt heard but got an email that he was a direct admit to Hutton Honors (which he didnt apply to). Does this mean he didnt get into Kelley?

No there is no connection between honors and direct admit. My son got into honors first and later direct admit.

1 Like

thanks. so you can be accepted to both and then choose?

Both are unrelated. You can be admitted to both. Do you know if you qualify for Kelley direct admit?

1 Like

If you donā€™t mind to shareā€¦ what is your sonā€™s GPA and SAT, and when did he apply/admitted to IU?

Yes, he qualified for Kelley direct admitā€¦

102.9 GPA and 1540 SAT - he applied for direct admit to Kelley on 10/18, was admitted to IU on 11/8 (the email came a week later) and the Hutton email came on 11/25. He is still waiting to hear from Kelleyā€¦but now will do some research on the honors college and see if he can take classes at Kelleyā€¦

Thank you and congrats! Your son has wonderful stats, I donā€™t think you should worry about direct admit to Kelly. Their email comes from 4 to 6 weeks after admission to IU.

He will definitely get Kelley direct Admit. It takes about 4 weeks after admission to IU.

2 Likes

Thank you! With the whole college application process changing the last few years, its so hard to know for sure!

1 Like