Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

CONGRATULATIONS everyone!! Enjoy your thanksgiving. We are still waiting over here:)

2 Likes

DS admitted today to pre business. Applied to Kelley. OOS (CA), applied 10/27ish, accepted 11/22. First acceptance. He’s excited. Good luck all!

5 Likes

Everytime someone said about admittance, we checked the portal again :grinning:. Making sure we didn’t miss it.

2 Likes

My D was essentially deferred a few weeks ago. Indiana said they can’t make a decision until she sends first semester grades in January. High test scores but lower GPA (struggled with online school during the pandemic but vast improvement after returning to in person school).

1 Like

What major is she applying for ?

Same

1 Like

Me too
 waiting
 waiting
waiting

1 Like

Still waiting here too

1 Like

Maybe there won’t be anymore admittance since it’s going to be thanksgiving soon? We can expect on Monday, maybe

Yup. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

1 Like

The portal updates are on Tuesdays it appears but then people receive email on Thursday so if your portal was updated on Tuesday your email comes on a Thursday so for those who don’t typically check their portals they see their email on Thursday. For the past month the portal updates have been on Tuesdays.

2 Likes

Public Health

I’m a SPEA alum as well. 1992 BS Public Health.

1 Like

I’m class of 97 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Class of 97 here too!!!

Nothing here! Still waiting ! :weary:

Hi, for those who stated they were direct admitted to Kelley, what does your letter say for program? Something other than “University Div Pre-Business”? DD met the direct admission criteria and we heard back with this info - “University Div Pre-Business, BEPP: Econ Consulting BSB”.
Assume we don’t need to do anything more for direct admit , since she met both GPA and ACT requirements. Please confirm.

1 Like

I believe you receive an email from bschool@indiana.edu confirming the Direct Admission once you have received admittance at IU. Those who have petitioned for DA, such as my son, will receive an email from this email address.

1 Like

You will get the direct admit email 2-4 weeks later if you meet the requirements.

1 Like

I was concerned about there being another step - but my daughter selected a Pre-business major in her Common App application, met the Direct Admit to Kelley criteria, and after a few weeks after her initial admittance to the University, she received her Direct Admittance to Kelley. As long as the application was complete including scores - it should just be a waiting game for the decision.

1 Like