Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Hutton notification apparently can be several weeks after admission to the university/college. My kid is still waiting to hear (weeks after being admitted to his specific program- not Kelley) and will petition if he’s not directly admitted. Top 5% high school class, 4.7+wGPA, 1450+ SAT.

1 Like

Congratulations!!
looks like many test optionals are getting admitted.
would you mind having her stats and any other outstanding things

Did anyone have kids that applied to O’Neil on this thread? Applied 10/23 and still waiting. IU called our HS to ask why DS didn’t have a language (he was exempt via IEP). This happened last year with a different school (UDel) for DD and they ended up admitting her with a monster financial aid package. I wonder if the school making the call to the HS is some sort of indicator? Any thoughts?

My son received his direct admit to Kelly this morning via email. He was admitted to IU 11/1.

1 Like

My son also received his direct admit to Kelley today via email. He was admitted to IU on 11/8 and Hutton Honors on 11/25.

2 Likes

My son also received his direct admit to Kelley today. He was admitted to IU 11/2 and Hutton Honors on 11/18.

1 Like

Congrats!!! If you don’t mind to share, what are your son’s stats?

Congratulations!! What are your son’s stats? My son has received DA to Kelly today, but not to the Honor College.

Same. Mine was 32 act/ 1430 Pretty similar stats. She inquired but was told she did not make the cut because the competition is fierce this year for direct admit to Hutton

1 Like

4.0uw 4.8w, 1540 SAT and NMSF

1 Like

Hi, how did your daughter did petition? Did she submit any additional information?

Got into Kelley today. Direct Admit. Did not recieve any info about scholarships nor honors yet. 3.92 UW, around 4.6 weighted( school only mentions UW gpa on transcript), several awards, NMSFm 1560 SAT. strong extraCs.

Checked my son’s email and he received notice about the Honors College 12 days ago! Its a pretty unassuming email so maybe worth running a search if anyone is expecting it.

4 Likes

Her accumulated GPA is around w 4.4. She did have her counselor submitted Q1 which is the same GPA not sure if that helped. We received admission around 2 weeks after she submitted Q1.

She did online petition (IU Login: Indiana University - Stale Request). I believe that there was an additional essay that she had to complete. Online data showed that around 65% petition will be accepted so definitely should try. All the best

1 Like

From reading previous year’s thread I am surmising that the scholarships/DEAN and Hutton might come in December for those accepted in November. Lets hope for the best. IU is a strong choice for us if they offer good merit scholarships.

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

You sent us good luck with your comment! DS was accepted to Kelley today!

5 Likes

Congratulations to your son!

YES! Easily missed as my daughters email did not come over as an email from Indiana University as the sender.