Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

following this as my son applied EA in AUGUST and has not heard anything yet… I’m kind of expecting them to request first semester grades but they have not asked yet… just can’t imagine what is taking so long. it’s his first choice by far too!

1 Like

it’s very far from Chicago - like a 5 hour drive… so that’s a strange comparison/worry

2 Likes

deferred to IU? or to Kelley?

1 Like

do you mind me asking his GPA?

Does anyone know if IU will be giving out decisions today and over the break for early action? We are at our 6 week mark and very anxious.

Our daughter finally heard back today! She applied 11/1, and it took more than 2 weeks to finalize her documents. The AO said they received more than 50,000 documents on that date, so they must still be reviewing applications.

Just heard back today as well (admitted). Applied 10/28, app complete on 11/19. They do seem really backed up. OOS - in CA.

can I ask what time people heard?

1 Like

My DD also applied 10/28 and heard today. I don’t know what time. She checked her portal around 2 I think. She was quite surprisingly deferred.

Our daughter heard around 4:15/4:30 EST.

Also around 4:15/4:30pm EST.

it’s so frustrating…I really thought we would hear today.

My child was asked to submit first quarter marking grades even though my child meets the minimum requirements (GPA and ACT) for DA to Kelley. Does that mean IU can reject general admission and my child will never get to the Kelley DA stage? Since our school uses a rolling gradebook, the first marking grades are a completely inaccurate picture of grades (teachers can grade after the first marking period which essentially lowers your grades until all assignments are graded by the end of the semester).

Can anyone let me know whether additional applications are required to apply for merit for Indiana? DD finally heard from IU and was directly admitted to Kelley. She said there was no mention of merit.

1 Like

Yes. Even if meet criteria IU needs to accept first.

My son applied on 11/1, was accepted today - 12/20.
1440 SAT
4.04 Weighted GPA (school does not do the unweighted GPA)
good EC’s
Good essays

QUESTION: he applied to Kelley School of business. the acceptance in the portal (no email yet) says to wait for more info. How do we know if he got into Kelley?

2 Likes

I believe the acceptance to Kelley will be sent in 4-6 weeks

OMG son applied AUGUST 8!! Still nothing.

1 Like

may I ask what her GPA is? Curious about the deferral.

My daughter also applied to Jacobs School of Music. She didnt have to do prescreening videos as she had an on line lesson prior and was immediately put through to live audition, BUT we did not hear anything about her admittance to IU until today. She was accepted. I would recommend having your child call the office to follow up. My D is applying to 8 schools and has had to reach out to a few of them via phone as well as email.

1 Like