Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Hmmmmm - it’s 230 miles and nearly four hours to Chicago.

It’s not close. It’s much closer but also not close to Indianapolis and Louisville.

UIUC is more than two hours from Chicago. So not sure that Chicago should be your comparator here.

For what it’s worth, Niche gives safety a C+. UIUC is a tad higher - B-. Thousands send their kids to IU. Like anywhere, you have to be smart - but as you can see in a chart below, area crime is below that of the US. When you have students, you’ll have a lot of student discipline - bike thefts, alcohol, etc.

Good luck.

Crime in Bloomington, Indiana (bestplaces.net)

2022_IU_ASFSR_10.21.2022.pdf

5 Likes

Appreciate the info, thanks!

I am curious about this as well. My daughter had the same request. Her grades are definitely on a big “upward trend” in 11th after lower grades in 9th and 10th grade (online school during covid was a struggle for her). I assumed that is why they want to see fall grades.

1 Like

My son was admitted to the Hutton Honors College today, which is great. I’ll have to research exactly what the “perks” of Hutton are - any parents have a kid in Hutton?

1 Like

Congrats! What are they looking for with honors, I wonder? High GPA/test scores? More?

I read somewhere the average applicants to Kelley are 500 and 186 get in, forgot which year these numebrs are from. So essentially there are under 200 spots per year at Kelley? It is a top ranked college but only gets 500 apps?

1 Like

Looks like 2500 not 186. |Bloomington|Fall 2022 enrollment|
| — | — |
|Undergraduate|10,185|

1 Like

That might be for MBA program. I think I saw there somewhere.

Yes my apologies. Looks like they have about 2500 spots.

My kid is an EA applicant, and was informed this week that he’s a finalist for a scholarship, but he hasn’t yet been offered admission. Is it normal for those being considered for scholarships to not receive admission before hand?

what scholarship? Wells Scholar?

1 Like

Yes.

Anybody knows where to find the official admission letter? i was told that i’m admitted by email but can’t find the letter. Thanks!

I got the number of applicants applying as sophomores as 500 and freshman its 2500 admitted

1 Like

Same here. IU so far is a good option but eagerly waiting for merit scholarships. I did not read anyone get DEAN’s so far, am I right?

2 Likes

Did you fill the general scholarship application prior to getting the ssa invitation?

1 Like

No, but filling out the general scholarship application is the first step in the SSA process.

1 Like

Can someone help me understand the Merit scholarships that go out in February? Is there something we need to do to initiate or apply?

6 Likes

2nd this

1 Like

Sent in application on Nov 30th. Says there are 3 “to do” things but according to emails he has received they have those already. I emailed last week but no answer.

He applied to Jacobs and did a prescreen.