Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

How does one register for housing? Is there a way to find roommates?

1 Like

Does anyone know if you are waiting for direct admit to Kelley under the request for review should you or can you send mid year grades? Does it matter if the student already meets and exceeds requirements under the review guidelines?

And if sending them, who should we send them to? Kelley’s review is separate from IU admissions (which we have already been accepted to).

1 Like

My son applied to Kelly direct admit on 10/31. His transcripts received late around Nov 13. His application status updated to admitted to IU on Dec 22 showing Univ-division pre-business. His weighted GPA is 4.2 and SAT score of 1520. There is no confirmation that he got into Kelly direct admit or not. I am concerned as it is already past mid jan and not sure about what scholarships would be available even if he gets confirmation later.

1 Like

We’re visiting Bloomington for the Luddy admitted students day in late February – any suggestions on where to stay, where to eat? We’ve only been to Bloomington once a couple years ago.

We stayed at a Fairfield Marriott a few miles away on our visit. It was fine. We lunched on the main town area. Lots to choose from.

2 Likes

Anyone to help

1 Like

My son applied to Kelly direct admit on 10/31. His transcripts received late around Nov 13. His application status updated to admitted to IU on Dec 22 showing Univ-division pre-business. His weighted GPA is 4.2 and SAT score of 1520. There is no confirmation that he got into Kelly direct admit or not. I am concerned as it is already past mid jan and not sure about what scholarships would be available even if he gets confirmation later

My daughter just realized she was invited to apply for SSA back in December
so now she’s scrambling on the essay. Does anyone know if IU uses the common app essay or just the IU specific for general admission? Thinking she could use a version of her common app essay if this hasn’t been looked at before.

Directly from the SSA page: “We encourage students to write a new essay that specifically addresses the questions in the SSA. Students can use the same recommenders if they also submitted letters in the admission application, but we discourage using the exact letter because it may not address the Hutton Honors Program prompt.” Best of luck to your daughter!

1 Like

When does regular decision come out? March? For the kids who were deferred from EA

The SSA essay prompt was a legit research paper with citations. I’m not sure what the honors prompt is, as my daughter isn’t being considered for it. Honestly, it was quite an effort, considering she is unlikely to be awarded any money, and isn’t even sure she’s attending IU. I hope it was worth it, and she gets some aid.

1 Like

100% our exact sentiments.

I told my daughter not to bother. She is so burnt out from the application and scholarship process, I just couldn’t ask her to do it. I had heard from past years that thousands apply and very few get it so that helped me make the decision easier.

This application season and now scholarship season is all too much. Starting this whole process last June (essays) to applying starting in October to having to wait until end of March/April for all schools to notify is ridiculous. We still have 9 more schools we are waiting on until April.

9 Likes

Mine got an acceptance to honors. When we looked at those SSA essays, we also had the same reaction. He is so busy with the school work, clubs, sports, and so burned out by all the essay writing, he begged not to do it.

Does anybody know what advantages there are in being in then honors program? Are class sizes smaller?

Don’t know the answer to your question but mine also got accepted to honors and would love to know what the advantages are and workload that may come with it.

1 Like

The main advantage is somewhat smaller classes with better grading curves honestly. Is she in business? There are several classes where it’s easier to get an A in the Honors class than it is otherwise. Also, the classes are team-oriented so you’re likely to have other equally motivated kids to work with.

Mine is in physics/math. Do you know what advantages he could get?

Thanks!

Yes she was admitted into Kelley.

1 Like

The Biddle in campus.

1 Like

I would assume the advantages would be similar. If you can find a link to some of the courses he/she will be taking, take a look at the Honors grade averages versus the non-Honors. If you search around, you can find this info as recently as this past semester. That will give you an idea as to whether there may be an academic advantage.

1 Like

My kid is admitted to Luddy. When does the scholarship details roll out. We are US Citizens living overseas.

1 Like