Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

The SSA deadline is February 1; my son is also a Luddy direct admit. Here is what the e-mail said:

"For HHC Scholarships, you are strongly encouraged to complete the SSA as soon as possible. Early applications receive priority consideration. HHC Scholarship notifications will be e-mailed to all applicants by April 1, 2023.

Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering

Please note this invitation is specific to the SSA. Recipients of an IU Academic Scholarship will be notified by our office in a separate process. Notifications will occur in mid-February."

2 Likes

Thanks MRichards74.

My kid received the direct admit email but has not received the SSA invite, as yet. Was the invite through a separate email or part of the direct admit email?

1 Like

I don’t know about deferrals but my son applied after the EA deadline and was just admitted. No email or letter. I just checked his application status and it said admitted.

He received the SSA invite on November 30, the Luddy direct admit email about a week after that, and then an email from Hutton Honors College the following week.

by March 15

I applied to IU on the 23rd, and am waiting for my ID number so I can make my Kelley review request before the 1st. Does anyone have any idea when I could get the email with this information?

Thank you!

If I recall, it took several days, maybe even up to a week to get the email with the ID number. You should get it soon, but maybe contact admissions to make sure given the review request deadline on the first?

Ok, thank you! I will email them.

1 Like

Thanks MRichards74.

We received the Luddy direct admit email this week. Haven’t received the SSA or HHC email. Kid probably didn’t make it to the invite list for these scholarships.

Has anyone received a merit scholarship as an OOS student? How generous are they? My son is a direct admit to Kelly, but we haven’t received any type of award.

1 Like

I am wondering the same thing. Following!

1 Like

My son is a Luddy and HHC direct admit, and as the scholarship app technically closes tomorrow (Feb. 1), I’m thinking it might be a little while before we find out merit aid (he hasn’t received anything yet).

1 Like

Yes, quite the process for the essay. My DD was admitted to HHC and was fortunate enough to have already written a substantial research paper in dually enrolled history class at her community college that worked perfectly, so she just uploaded that one. But had it not been for that, she likely would not have had time to complete it.

Can anyone clarify if housing is based on priority registration - or doesn’t matter as long as before 5/1?

Housing submissions between 2/1 and 5/1 are all counted in the same pool — it’s not first-come, first served. Housing submissions after 5/1 are counted as lower priority.

1 Like

My DD will be auditioning the first weekend in March at Jacobs, so she has not been admitted to Jacobs yet. But she is a direct admit to HHC. Should she live with the HHC students or is there housing for music majors?

Daughter accepted direct admit into Kelley. There’s no information in her portal for financial aid or any merit/Deans scholarships. Does this mean she won’t be getting any awards or do they come later? She was accepted back in December.

They should start coming in anytime now. Early to mid Feb.

I called the Financial Aid office and was told they would be sending out FA packages in 2-3 weeks. I really wish I had some idea by now

3 Likes

OOS Student just got an email notifying her of a deans scholarship. Nothing about the SSA so I think this is just one and it’s probably not enough to make it interesting for us out of state but others may want to check emails

3 Likes