Indiana University - Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Did not fill fafsa
Did not send SSA
Got merit scholarship email.

OOS son got $6k per year, 3.9 UW GPA, no test. I would assume some sort of formula and maybe state residency plays a role, who knows. We are PNW.

My childā€™s stats are similar. We did not fill out FAFSA either. OOS. Kelley DA. We did get a merit email. Call and inquire. You have nothing to lose.

Same here; did not fill out FAFSA and still got small merit. We did fill in SSA apps.

D just auditioned for IU Jacobs School of Music for Ballet. Anyone else? When will decisions be released? In-state, sibling attendsā€¦

1 Like

Good luck to you . . . I have a ballet student at UMass. She auditioned at Butler and Indiana, but I know itā€™s really highly competitive.

Good luck! Itā€™s the wait for me, lol.

son is oos, just received dean ($8k annually) but still waiting on kelley petition response (to). is this normal? any insight from group would be appreciated

1 Like

OOS (US Citizen abroad), TO, IBDP, Good GPA, ECā€™s. Luddy DA. NO FAFSA.
No Merit Award, yet.

Anyone from Luddy received any Merit aid?

My son applied EA on September 8th!! He was deferredā€¦ WE ARE STILL WAITING!! AAAHHHH!!

My son is a Luddy direct admit, OOS, and he received Deans merit aid ($8,000/year).

2 Likes

S23 auditioned in January. It took a few days for Jacobs to figure out that he had been admitted to IU itself, but once they did, he was admitted, about 10 days after the audition. The ballet department wonā€™t admit someone until IU has admitted them. We were told that admissions can come any time up until April 1.

1 Like

Do you happen to know how many auditioned this weekend? Iā€™m just curious. There were 61 in January. It was about 90% women.

Yes, Provostā€™s scholarship. Still waiting to hear about anything from Luddy from filling out the SSA. Since the SSA wasnā€™t due until Feb. 1, I figure itā€™ll be a bit longer.

1 Like

Housing - Does anyone know how important it is to submit an early housing application at Indiana?

1 Like

Great question! We didnā€™t get exact numbers but D says at least 50.

1 Like

We had a Q&A session with a couple of current freshmen. That question was asked. One of them put their housing application in May and got a single, no problem.

Housing applications received from February 1 to May 1 are all the same priority.

Only exception would be honors college students.

3 Likes

Oh I totally feel you! Itā€™s nearly impossible to get my son to do anything else at this point. Heā€™s completely burned out. And Iā€™m still trying to squeeze a couple more campus visits before decisions come out. Meanwhile, one of his school emailed him requesting an interview and he doesnā€™t want to do it. What am I supposed to do?! Schools have scholarships open for a little longer only and he hasnā€™t done some of them.

Anyway, I was curious if your kiddo had done the SSA bc my son has slightly lower stats than yours (and was only commended scholar) and got a similar amount. So I wondered if he should be expecting more from the SSA.

Edit to say that he got a lower amount, $4000, but similar. But was wondering if you were expecting more from SSA or if you thought was it. Iā€™m seeing amounts all over the place.

I get the IU essay thing. They are bonkers.

But an interview. Itā€™s a conversation.

Learn 6 or 8 things about the school. Map out 3 or things about yourself using STAR - look it up.

Itā€™s 30 minutes. Itā€™s easy. No excuse to miss that.

1 Like