Industry recruitment in Materials Science?

<p>I was wondering how heavily are Purdue MSE students recruited by the industry? I saw a post stating that the Northwestern MSE department is usually offered more jobs than there are students. But then Northwestern is ranked like the top three MSE programs in the US. </p>

<p>I also heard that out in CA, companies take less notice of engineering schools out east (except MIT). Schools like RPI get beaten down. Any truth to that? I mean, if that were true and location does matter (not saying it doesn't, just not that much), Purdue's kinda in the middle of nowhere, so...how do the students get recruited?</p>

<p>My information may not be correct and people are welcomed to correct it.</p>

<p>WSJ conducted a survey for job recruiters of the top schools for recruiting. Overall, Purdue ranked 4th. They ranked 2nd in Engineering.</p>

<p>[Best</a> Colleges & Universities - Ranked by Job Recruiters - WSJ.com](<a href=“Best Colleges & Universities - Ranked by Job Recruiters - WSJ”>Best Colleges & Universities - Ranked by Job Recruiters - WSJ)</p>

<p>In my opinion, this would mean that more companies would want to recruit at Purdue. This may not stand 100% true for Materials Science/Engineering, but it should be close.</p>