International Scholars Program

<p>Anyone apply this year or have any information about it from someone who is actually in it? Sounds really exciting and I applied realy hoping to hear back soon. Anyone know when that acceptance/reject will come??</p>

<p>I applied, but havn't heard back yet, and I dont know when we will.</p>

<p>
[quote]
have any information about it from someone who is actually in it?

[/quote]

E-mail the program assistant for student contacts. <a href="http://www.intlscholars.wisc.edu/Contacts.htm%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.intlscholars.wisc.edu/Contacts.htm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>As a side note for other incoming freshmen, the don't-be-hesitate-to-ask rule applies to any other programs that may of interest to you. The sooner you learn the art of seeking help from the right UW resource, the faster you will feel comfortable navigating "the system".</p>

<p>.. they never recieved my application! Perhaps that's why I haven't heard anything. Trying to get this all straightened out now... at least now I know the people at the ISP office are VERY nice.</p>

<p>Hey, are you guys internationals? Where from?</p>

<p>You don't HAVE to be an international student to be in the international scholars program, it just adds a component of international study to your education at UW.</p>

<p>Haha, I'm from Maine.. last time I checked that was still in the US (despite the common misconception that we're Canadian!</p>

<p>Bump. Anyone hear as we get closer to April? I'm just really curious when I can expect a decision and when other people begin getting them because this program will have a lot of impact on where I end up</p>

<p>Same here, as far as importance goes. I havn't heard yet either.</p>

<p>Nearly two months later and I still haven't heard anything. Does that mean I did not get in? I guess with the kind of application process they had, I expected at least a rejection if they didn't want me. Just wondering if anyone else heard because I have nearly rules out Wisconsin due to financial issues but a rejection to this program would make my decision a tiny, little bit easier.</p>

<p>i also applied but havent heard anything from them</p>

<p>I havn't heard yet, but I also sent in my slip saying that I wasn't planning on attending UW one week ago. </p>

<p>Have you tried calling?</p>

<p>Yeah, al I got was an office intern who said my call would be returned</p>

<p>I wanted to let you know I received an email, if you havn't heard, you should hear soon.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for letting me know! I got one too- didn't get in. Kinda bummed about that but there was no chance I'd be going there anyway. Same as your situation, correct? (the not going to UW part anyway...)</p>

<p>i got priority waitlisted, hopefully i still get in because i am going to wisconsin</p>

<p>hakuna, yeah, I decided I wasn't going before finding out, I'll be going to NYU next year, what about you?</p>

<p>psekar2- good luck! I, too, was priority waitlisted but since I'm not going I took my name off the list, hopefully you're either above where I was, or you get to move up :)</p>