Is a 32 on the act enough to handle the engineering classes in purdue?

<p>Is a 32 on the act math part enough to handle the engineering classes in purdue?
However, I dont do well in Calculus AB at all, I can barely get a B:(
I am afraid that I wont be able to handle the engineering class....</p>

<p>An ACT score cannot predict your performance in Engineering classes. If you didn’t do well in Calculus and have problems at Purdue then take advantage of the resources you paid for. The Math Department has a Math Room where you can get help on your math problems for free from TA’s and Professors. You can always ask your Professor or TA for help as well if you needed it. You should also do your work and study for your exams, if you don’t take any initiative then don’t expect a good grade.</p>

<p>I didnt get into engineering, and I have maintained a B/B+ average in AP Calc AB.
I wouldnt worry about it, try it out. If you dont like it, from what I hear most colleges are exceptionally well at transferring you out of programs.</p>

<p>thank you!</p>

<p>a 32 means you know how to study or are a pretty good test taker. just study harder in math and you will be fine.</p>

<p>thank you!!!</p>

<p>It’s mostly about work ethic. If you want to do well, you will. If you don’t care, you won’t do well unless you’re very smart.</p>

<p>Is is that hard that people cannot manage the time to have fun??</p>

<p>heres a question: if i study everyday (mondays to fridays) and chill out and party on weekends, will i get decent (good enough to get into my specialty) grades ?? i don’t wanna be a nerd over there lol</p>

<p>me too:///</p>

<p>No one really knows man, you have to wait and see for yourself. If you approach your classes a specific way and it doesn’t work out then you will have to change your approach. You guys make a huge deal out of this. Not every Engineer is a nerd and stays inside all day chained to a table.</p>

<p>You don’t need to study 24/7 to do well. What you do need to do, however, is study well. Spending five hours studying efficiently is much better than simply “studying” for twenty hours. Figure out how you learn, take good notes, attend office hours, ask questions, etc.</p>

<p>agree with what purduee said</p>