Is anyone from 2nd notification period still waiting to hear? Have any postponed students heard yet?

About 2 1/2 weeks left in March and curious.

postponed early action, oos. still waiting. Hopefully not much longer.

Any chance we hear tomorrow?

Don’t think so, UW admissions twitter today said by the end of March.

I’m still waiting postponed early action OOS as well. Hope it all works out.

I was told today that we will hear back by march 31st and you will only be accepted or rejected, you will not be waitlisted.

@newman22 where did you hear that? I’m almost 100% sure that they have a waitlist but if you actually spoke to an admissions counselor about it, then I can believe you.

I was on campus today for a visit and spoke to an admissions counselor and they told me that, also asked about the percentage of students postponed and the acceptance rate from that pool and they told me they didn’t know the data on that because it changes year by year. I am sure they know about what percentage it is but they weren’t giving it up to me.

oh btw in the overview they also said waitlisted meant that were sorry but we have a lot of qualified applicants and we don’t have a spot for you, that being said last year I know of someone who was postponed then waitlisted and got accepted so it might be handled different this year.

That seems really odd to me because yield varies year by year. However if it’s actually true then I guess that’s a positive thing, it’s nice to have an outright decision and could actually improve someone’s chances if they’re double minded about him/her

It did seem weird but maybe they decided to do away with it this year because the decision is coming out later than normal? not sure… also they did mention national signing day is may 1st and you would have to submit a deposit by then and I remember seeing on the website that they wouldn’t process your financial aid till you were accepted and then it may take up to two weeks so the timing seems right to me.

@newman22 I’m still not quite buying it that they wouldn’t have a waitlist. That’s just too big of a risk to take, what if the yield turns out being alarmingly low? Take what they say with a grain of salt because there’s some real bad miscommunication going on. In an email an admissions counselor told me that EVERYONE is required to submit mid year grades regardless of when you applied, but during my visit a counselor told me only postponed people are asked to submit those.

Still have not heard back yet.

I was accepted on Friday after getting postponed in January. I have a 3.3 gpa 1340 sat

@brooklynbadgers7‌ are you in state? Those numbers seem real low, did you have some big extra curriculars?

SAT 1340/1600 is like ACT 30.

I haven’t heard anything yet, either

I got in with 3.5 31 ACT. Just heard back today

@zman1996, are you in state? Were you originally postponed?

Just got accepted today!
Applied for the 2nd round of notifications
29 ACT 3.7 GPA
A couple ECs
No recs