Is it common for your admission officer to handwrite to you saying happy holidays and mentioning things in your interview?

I’m trying to figure out if anyone else got this by the way, I don’t think its special.

My Loomis admission officer sent me a handwritten happy holidays card with details of things mentioned in our interview. It was really heartwarming to see, but kind of bitter sweet since probably a bunch of other kids did too. Did anyone else get one?

I didn’t get one for Loomis but I did for a lot of other schools.

We received one from Loomis as well as a couple other schools.

I got one.

1 Like

I’m not sure. Although I also did get one, it was from my Groton interviewer.

My daughter did not receive any regular mail from any schools, but we are overseas, so I wouldn’t expect it. And, she didn’t receive any sort of email from any interviewers either, just generic holiday mass emails.

1 Like

I got a handwritten letter when I applied from Loomis. I ended up waitlisted. It means nothing.

1 Like

It is standard. It is very nice but does not hint at your chances at all.

3 Likes

Yes, most of our schools sent lovely notes. I think is it just a warm touch the schools do, but I would not read anything into it.

yes, common.
But still…nice!
And one school even sends chocolates at Valentine’s Day!

1 Like

You’re smart to be skeptical. My kid got one a few years ago. A few months later, Loomis sent a rejection (the only one we got). Try not to pin too many expectations on it; it’s a marketing exercise. I’m not saying it means you will be rejected – it just isn’t as tied to a positive outcome as you might hope, unfortunately. Stay positive but keep focus on all your options instead of growing too attached to a possibly false signal. Good luck!

1 Like

My daughter applied there this year, but I don’t think we’ll be on the mailing list for goodies as it would likely cost a good $30 to send a small box here! We sent a box of fun local snacks back to her Girl Scout troop in the US last year and it was $90!

1 Like

We sent a box of fun local snacks back to her Girl Scout troop in the US last year and it was $90!

Dang! Cheaper to fly them there yourself :rofl:

Having gone through this several times and with different children looking at different schools, I’d say it’s just indicative of the school culture or at least admissions. In some cases the child was admitted, others waitlisted and a some non-acceptances. The more personal the relationship developed with AOs definitely made an impact on how we as a family felt about schools.